Welcome Topic - introduce yourself

Hi We are Craftwork, a new coworking space in Hackney Wick next door to the Pearl bar at Unit 9 Oslo House. We have high-speed leased line fibre broadband, great Wifi, 24 hour access, a shower for cyclists, a breakout area and we even throw in a phone with unlimuted calls to UK landlines and mobiles all for £195 per month per desk. www.craftwork-london.com. info@craftwork-london.com. Tel 03450 564302. Whether you’re a lone ranger or a blossoming start-up Craftwork provides the flexibility for project completion, your first foot on the ladder or to accommodate your business growth. Drop by any time and take a look!

Welcome to Yonder @Justin — The new coworking space sounds cool, feel free to create your own topic and share photos and a bit about the type of creative environment you offer.

Thanks Lee - will do!

Hi folks, Jack here from Cafe Football Stratford (located in Westfield Shopping Centre, Chestnut Plaza).

I just wanted to a) introduce ourselves to the group and b) let you know that we’ve teamed up with British Athletics for the World Championships at the Olympic Park Stadium - so if you didn’t manage to get tickets, pop in and watch the action with us!

We also have quite a strong community-lead arm, having previously partnered with Football Beyond Borders and Newham College on various initiatives. We are always looking for new collaborations, so feel free to get in touch if would like to know more.

Many thanks and cheers for having us!

Jack Barton
Cafe Football Stratford
www.cafe-football.com
@cafefootballstr

Hi My name is Dave and I am working on a floating community hub that will be moored at Here East. We have the boat on site this week for a consultation. We would love people to pop over and say hi and see what were up to.
It’s sponsored by the London Diocese and is also going to be used as a floating Church but many opportunities for ither community activities from yoga to supper clubs. It’s open from 11-8pm today and Friday then 1-6pm on Saturday

Hi there. My name is Kris Sangani. Firstly, I don’t live in E20, but I do work here. I also have strong links to the area. My parents opened their first shop in Vicarage Lane.

But I have lived in various parts of East London and commute by bicycle regularly from my home in Wanstead.

I’m a member of Gymbox and am considering joining the regular E20 cycle group.

Hi there; I am Marcus, lived in East London for 14 years, cat father of three :smirk_cat::smirk_cat::smirk_cat:and a keen cyclist. Looking to join the E20CC for a couple of rides very soon :blush:

Hi imWibsey I live in Australia .Was born in Forest Gate in 1939 & lived in Lleyton high road till I was 14 then moved to Chandos road Stratford.emigrated in 1965.Have fond memories of my days in E15.Looking forward to exploring the area.

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster! I’ve been a shared owner in EV for a couple of years now. Trying to PM @Admin but can’t figure out how to do it so am resorting to a public post in the hope they will get in touch. Thanks!

@Lee should be able to help you :slight_smile:

Belated welcome to @Cafe_Football_Strat, @DavePilkington, @Kris, @MStar247, @Wibsey and @Leakybreaks — Thanks for posting all, always interesting to read intros! Please continue to post and have the confidence to share your opinions or create new topics, good or bad it’s all constructive!

(@Leakybreaks - sorry we’ll check messages and get back to you)

Hi @Wibsey - Do you have photos of the streets during that time?

@Nick_Lane has a brilliant thread here which, is always open for contributions!

Hi @Wibsey, welcome to Yonder. As @Lee was saying, a while ago I set up a thread to capture people’s visual images of Stratford in days gone by and particularly the areas covering and adjoining the Olympic Park & East Village (the newly created E20 postcode - well actually taken from the fictional district of Walford in Eastenders).

Anything you might be able to add would be very much appreciated but there are also photos you might like to look at (worth scrolling back to the start and working through chronologically. I hope I will be able to post a link here but if it doesn’t work, feel free to do a search for the word ‘historical’ and that should bring it up. :smiley: Historical photos of E15 & E20 area - Please contribute if you can

Hi folks, my name is Wei and I run London’s only mobile bike fit service: www.foundation.fit.

I actually live just on the other side of the Hackney Marshes but I’ve been working with @Lee and his amazing bike shop, Pave Velo for the last year and a half. I’m also working with a growing number of other bike riders living in East Village, developing their positions, keeping them injury free and enjoying their riding!

By offering a mobile service you can have a bike fit in the comfort of your own home, garden or local bike shop (Pave Velo!). Take away the hassle of travelling to a studio, packing your bike into a car, searching for parking spaces. Foundation offers evening and weekend sessions so you can easily organise a bike fit around the rest of your life. Simply select a preferred location, time and date for your fit and we’ll come to you.

For more info, check out my website or pop in to see @Lee Lee and his team at Pave Velo.

I also volunteer coach triathlon / duathlon sessions as part of London Fields Triathlon Club and Capital Tri at the Lee Valley Road Circuit, if you fancy coming down and getting sweaty!

Hi everyone, this is the Centre for Public Engagement at Queen Mary University of London. We’re hosting our annual Festival of Communities on 12-13 May in Stepney Green park and on our Mile End campus, and we’d love for you all to come along! https://www.facebook.com/events/2055086661425581/

Hi-I’m Virginia, I’ll be moving to Stratford next month :slight_smile:
I’m scientist, love running, swimming and cycling and I’m currently living in West Midlands

Hi Virginia
Plenty of local running groups to get involved in - a recent post rounded them up. I’m involved with Victoria Park Harriers so am biased, but there’ll definitely be a group that suits you

I’ll definitely try your group, I’ve already followed you on FB :wink:

Excellent - see you soon on a Tuesday or Thursday (though it’s a league race this thursday rather than a regular club session)

I finish my job here next 1st of June so it will be after that. Doing the Mile End Parkrun this weekend though (exciting!)