Want your home to become a work of Art?

East London Dance and Chobham Manor Our Living Art are working with internationally renowned Austrian choreographer, Willi Dorner and photographer Lisa Rastl on Stratford Living, a unique photographic dance project to be created and exhibited in various homes in Stratford.

We are looking for local residents who are keen to open their doors to this project in order to turn their home into a work of art.

Stratford Living is a participatory project involving human sculpture and photography in which individual private homes become exhibition spaces, providing a profound insight into the living conditions and history of the area.

Dancers will form human sculptures in houses or apartments around Stratford and be photographed in situ between 13 - 18 June, 2017. These photographs will subsequently be used to create an exhibition within the same houses or apartments as part of a walking tour around Stratford, on 26 and 27 August, 2017.

“Living in urban spaces is our future. Our cities will get crowded in the next decades and we urgently need to discuss how we can live together” Willi Dorner

For more information and to register an interest please contact Amy Welch by Monday 5 June, 12 noon at amy.welch@eastlondondance.org or phone the East London Dance Office on 020 8279 1050.

Images below, credit is: Willi Dorner: living room. Photographer: Lisa Rastl

My flat was one of this early used for this project. If you want to see the results, get your tickets for August!

Article from the Guardian below highlighting the process. Worth a nose around at the very least, eh?

Is your home being featured @jools ?

Below taken from: http://www.eastlondondance.org/events/willi-dorners-stratford-living/

Willi Dorner’s Stratford Living – walking tour and photographic exhibition

On 26 & 27 August, East London Dance presents the UK premiere of Stratford Living, a photographic exhibition of unique human sculpture developed by the internationally-renowned Austrian choreographer, Willi Dorner (bodies in urban spaces) and photographer Lisa Rastl.

Audiences will walk through Stratford and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park visiting homes to see photographs of Dorner’s human sculptures displayed in the very rooms in which they have been created.

Created in homes and spaces around Stratford, working with seven professional dancers and photographed by his long-time collaborator Lisa Rastl, this exhibition of Willi Dorner’s Stratford Living project will be a unique experience. By transforming homes into public exhibition spaces, Dorner challenges the boundary between public and private worlds, giving audiences a glimpse of the changes that are occurring across the borough, whilst offering a creative exploration of urbanisation and living environments in East London today.

“Living in urban spaces is our future. Our cities will get crowded in the next decades and we urgently need to discuss how we can live together” Willi Dorner

Tickets for this one-off walking exhibition experience start from £5 with our early bird offer.

Book online for Sat 26 August

Book online for Sun 27 August

Created especially for Stratford, this is the first time Dorner’s eye-opening living room project has been mounted in the UK. Dorner’s work was memorably seen in London in 2009 as part of Dance Umbrella, when his globe-trotting human sculptures project, bodies in urban spaces was mounted across the city – from Tower Bridge to City Hall.

Yep - still tickets left for some time slots apparently. And I am part of the exhibit, not just the flat!

I have to get tickets!! So let me get this straight, I can visit your flat and see ‘you’ as a piece of art in your surroundings? Too good to miss!

Get on it!