Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

Hi folks

If you are looking for a friendly cycling club with awesome Sunday club rides, then come and check out our monthly ride threads here on Yonder. If you have already ridden with us and have decided you would like to join, then good on you! Here are the steps you need to take to make it all official:

1. Attend at least 2 Accessible Rides held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. See monthly ride threads for more details on the rides.

2. (Existing E20CC members start here) Become a member of British Cycling. This is so that you insured during Club rides. Please note only Ride, Race Silver and Race Gold include insurance. Fan and Race Bronze are not accepted by E20CC as qualifying BC membership. More details on joining BC can be found here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership

3. If you would then like to join the club, please visit the Club’s British Cycling page and click join club. You will then be asked to pay the £10 annual membership fee ( + £1 British Cycling admin fee) and provide some basic information. https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/7227/e20-cycling-club

4. Purchase at least once Club jersey once it is ready (coming very soon!)

Once you have signed up and paid the membership fee, please ping @Lee in a message below so you can be added to the E20CC members group and get access to the link for our Whatsapp group.

Hope to see you on the road!

Henry :call_me_hand:

E20 cycle group join request
March 2018: Training, Club & Accessible Rides
August 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides
July 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides
E20CC October Training & Club rides + Accessible Ride
Insurance requirement to join E20CC
June 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides
June 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

Can I just say that £10 for a years worth of riding with you guys is a chuffing steal.
Also, @PaveVelo provide a 10% discount on parts, clothing and accessories (where my bike is currently receiving some tlc) so membership will pay for itself in no time.
Finally, and possibly most importantly, we have the opportunity to wear East London’s most distinctive kit !

Hi Guys - I don’t have a membership yet but would like to attend an introductory ride this Sunday. Do I just turn up and join in on the first 2 occasions?

Thanks

Hi @Jamie_Hearne

We’re currently seeing if any ride leaders are available to lead the Accessible Ride this weekend. If someone is free, it will be posted here September 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Accessible rides so it’s worth keeping an eye out.

But yes, feel free to turn up to any two Accessible rides once advertised and we’ll introduce ourselves!

Cheers,

HI Henry,

I’ve just joined Yonder and looking to join a local cycling club.
Lee mentioned that you run the cycling club and ride most Sundays. Hopefully, I can make it
this Sunday for a mid paced introductory ride.

Thanks

Hey @andy - welcome to Yonder! What sort of riding do you usually do? Yes, we run rides most Sunday however we only do intro rides on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. So the next introduction ride would be on the 8th October. Keep an eye out for it here E20CC October Training & Club rides + Accessible Ride and hopefully see you on two wheels soon!

Hi @Henry@Dawid_Owl and I can vouch for @andy, he will be more than capable to join a mid-pace ride. Hope that helps.

Good enough for me!

Hi Henry, I’m new to Yonder but an experienced road cyclist looking for a group to ride with. Any chance of joining you? The speed of the mid-paced would be no problem.
Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom! Of course, feel free to come along tomorrow morning. I’m not sure what the route is yet, but will most likely be around 100k.

Thanks Henry, see you tomorrow

Ride posted E20CC October Training & Club rides + Accessible Ride

Just checking on the British Cycling membership as I’m coming up to the second accessible ride on Sunday… should I be looking at the Ride membership?

Hey @A_my, that’s awesome! Yes, the Ride level membership provides the right level of insurance. See you Sunday hopefully!

Wotcher, I’ve just signed up for a British Cycling “Ride” membership hoping to join one of your Accessible Rides. I gather the next one is Sunday 11th February? I’m not a regular long distance rider, mostly just commuting from Stratford into the City, but thought I’d give it a go…

@aglet amazing! Yes, next accessible is planned for the 11th of February. No worries about the distance as this is a no drop ride and no worries about being mostly a commuter as most people who join for the first time are! So you’ll fit in perfectly :smile: The ride leaders will make sure you’re comfortable in the group :+1:

May 2018: Training, Club and Accessible Rides

Hi! Is there a ride I can join tomorrow morning?? I’m new to Stratford, a keen cyclist, happy to do 50-60 miles at 17mph. S

Hi @Smurphy, there are a couple of options for tomorrow. Details at June 2018: training, Club and Accessible Rides

Hopefully see you there.

Should probably also say we normally encourage people to come on one of our accessible rides first if they are new to the club but if you’re an experienced road cyclist and happy with the distance and pace then feel free to come along tomorrow.