ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 24th September
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)
Hi — I’ll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.
Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself and improve your fitness in a safe and controlled environment.
We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.
This is a ‘no drop’ ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.
- Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
- Set correct saddle height and consider postion
- Understand the distance
- Take water and snacks during the ride
- Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
- Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
- No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
- Have breakfast!
Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.