September 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Accessible rides

ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 24th September

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi — I’ll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.

Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself and improve your fitness in a safe and controlled environment.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

This is a ‘no drop’ ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
  • Set correct saddle height and consider postion
  • Understand the distance
  • Take water and snacks during the ride
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
  • Have breakfast!

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
Henry

ping @cjrb1991 @Chris_Johnson @tbskisydney!

Jess and I will be there! We may have one more too.

I’m also hoping to get out on Sunday.

Sarah and I are planning to ride Sunday, we’ll join the back of the accessible as normal :smiley:.

I’ve recruted 2 more so that will be 4 of us in total now.

I’ll be there, hopefully with @Chris_Johnson too

CLUB RIDE - SUNDAY 24th September

BOX HILL

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 17mph (28kph)
Distance: 101km (62miles)
Elevation: 1,109m
Saddle Time (est.): 4h30m - 5h

Hi — I’ll be offering a ride out to Box Hill.
With L’Etape going on in the Essex Lanes it’s a good chance to head South and do some roads less ridden by the E20CC mob.

Club Ride so please all have the route Box Hill.gpx (182.0 KB) be prepared to match the pace of the group and take your turn on the front. We will endeavour to ride together throughout but you should be capable of getting yourself home should you be permanently dropped

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 17mph (27kph) - however there is a lot of City riding at the beginning and end of the route so this may be lower overall.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
  • Set correct saddle height and consider postion
  • Understand the distance and elevation
  • Eat and drink while on the road (Ideally at the back please)
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • Have breakfast!

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
Chris (@SeaAyeRobson)

Yea i’ll aim to join Chris

in Chris :smiley:

Thanks Henry. I’ll be joining the accessible ride this Sunday. For the first time (although I have practiced on the road track a couple of times) I will be going clipless!

Is anyone interested in a mid-paced ride tomorrow of about 70km and back to E20 by noon ?

Hi all,

I’m attending tomorrow morning for the first time. Keen to get involved

Sam

I wish I could join but I doubt we will ever be back by noon.

Hi Chris, will join ride to Box Hil, just wondered if you had thought about catching a train to get across London to spend more time in the Surrey Hills?
Guy

I’m hoping to join you tomorrow. It’s been a while since I’ve ridden with the club but look foward to do some group riding again.

Nice spin with @Ian_Clark, Guido et al. this morning - thanks all!

Anyone doing training on the Velodrome circuit on Thursday?

Thanks Box hill team - had a blast - saw a lot of London I had no idea about. Good pace throughout.

Great riding with everyone today and was great meeting @tbskisydney, Jess and @Sam_A am . Good to see 3 rides set off too! If anyone needs more info on joining up head over to www.e20cc.org.