Mid-pace ride Sunday 17th September: Chelmsford Loop Granfondo
The route heads towards Chelmsford via Blackmore before looping around at Roxwell coming back via Fyfield, Moreton and North Weald. Really nice route but can get windy on way back. Ride will be non-stop save for a 2 minute recovery break at Blackmore.
Meeting place: Victory Park, opposite Sainsbury's
Target Avg. Speed: 17-18 mph (27-29 kph)
Distance: 60miles (100km)
Route profile: Some small hills at the start, otherwise flat.
Please remember to:
- Eat breakfast
- Check your tyre pressures
- Bring water and fuel (bars, gels)
- Bring a spare tube, pump and levers/tools.
- Have a way to get home in case of a serious mechanical (cash/card)
- Warm/wet weather clothing just in case (yes, it's that time of the year already )
Anyone joining will need to be comfortable with the distance and pace, fuelling on a longer ride and be prepared to take turns on the front. Early check-out option available!
GPX: E20-Chelms-Epping.gpx (168.1 KB)