September 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Accessible rides

New thread for September 2017

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists. We now welcome road cycling newbies on our bi-weekly accessible rides. However, If you are not a member and want to join a ride of any kind with E20cc, simply let the ride leader know you are planning on coming by replying here on this current monthly topic.

Membership info: www.E20cc.org

We also have an E20cc members only group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Simply ask to request access once subs are paid.

Our weekly Sunday club rides are for road training only, generally around 30-50 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below and join the conversation.

#NEW INFO#

Accessible Rides — New to road cycling?
On the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month we offer introductory ‘accessible rides’ for cyclists new to group road riding. We aim to offer basic training & skills on these rides.

Important notes for accessible rides:

• RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, make sure you RSVP below or no ride will go ahead!
  • Av. speed 13mph (no one left behind)
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers, locks etc.

DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

Friday 1st September — E20cc Meeting at Velopark: Click here for info

Sun 3rd
Ride 1. Mid-Pace Ride:
Ride leaders: @David_Morgantini (see below)

Sun 10th
Ride 1. Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @MdeBokx and @Lee
Ride 2. Mid-Pace Ride:
Ride Leaders: TBC

Sun 17th
Ride 1. Mid-Pace Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry

Sun 24th
Ride 1. Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry
Ride 2. Mid-Pace Ride:
Ride Leaders: TBC

Meeting point for all rides:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Ad-hoc on and off-road rides consist of evenings, weekends and longer training sessions — keep an eye on the thread and join the conversation.

You can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Thank you

Other local groups and clubs in and around East London:
LEA VALLEY CC www.leavalleycc.co.uk
EAST LONDON VELO www.eastlondonvelo.cc
HACKNEY CC www.hackney.cc
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
BREEZE Newham ‘For Women-Only Leisure Rides’ Contact Dini Patel ‘@Dinipatel’ - Click here: https://www.letsride.co.uk/rides/breeze-ladies-ride-in-the-olympic-park-4

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

Will join the mid-pace ride on Sunday 3rd (which ever that happens to be). Happy to lead. I’ve attached what seems like a reasonable ride.

– Canadian Dave

COURSE_16253250.gpx (82.0 KB)

Also in for the mid pace ride this Sunday

Keen for a mid paced ride - been a while since I’ve been out with the club - better put some oil on the chain :slight_smile:

Hi All - MidPace for me this week @David_Morgantini can you provide some stats for the ride?

General Description/Distance/Elevation etc
(.gpx files can be difficult to ‘view’ on computer…or is that just me :joy:)

Ah good point. 75 km 345m up(ish) out to epping, some sort of loop and then
back from Epping. Found it on Garmin connect seems reasonable. I’ll post a
proper link when I get to a keyboard.

Not a lot of activity on this thread for a cycle tomorrow… is it on? What time would it start?

8:30 am as per usual (in front of the sainburies) if you wanna come on the
75km epping loop.

Great thanks

Here is the link: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16253250 if anybody thinks it’s not a good route for whatever reason please feel free to propose an alternative :slight_smile:

I hope to join you for the mid pace tomorrow - won’t be sure until the morning

Tried chasing you down was late - sorry to miss y’all, took myself to Epping, it was weird not being with a group!

Thought discretion the better part of valour so headed out later on my own to get some training miles in, looking at your strava score I think you would have killed me! Huge respect guys!

Will look forward to joining for the intro ride on 24/9 with my friend (also Chris).

Good to see you on here @Chris_Johnson - hope the Manchester ride went smoothly.

The accessible ride on 24/9 will be a beginners ride, we call it accessible ride. Knowing your level, it won’t be worth you joining that ride. You’d be better off letting folks here know your required pace and join a faster ride, I think you’d enjoy riding with some faster local riders. Unless of course you’re looking for something less intense for your mate (other) Chris? (What’s his surname for clarity as there are lots of Chris’s already)

Rough pace required?

Thanks!

Hi, other Chris here (full name Chris Bond) :slight_smile: I’m keen to join E20 CC so am wondering how I can do the two introductory rides? While I have an enforced break from cycling recently due to an injury before that I was pretty active and could maintain a consistent pace. I’ve been doing a lot of spin bike /turbo trainer stuff recently as well so my fitness is getting back to a reasonable level. Any information about when I can start the introductory rides and at what level would be great!

I’m a signed up British Cycling member (number: 1427181)

Good to meet you Chris Bond / @cjrb1991

I spoke with @Chris_Johnson (face to face) yesterday and he explained you’ve been injured, if you have a reasonable amount of fitness I’d say keep an eye on this thread for the mid-pace ride.

The accessible ride is really a pathway to group rides for cyclists new to road, sometimes the accessible ride runs alongside the mid-pace until Epping and then goes on further (depending on who turns up on the day)

Either way you are more than welcome to come along and just RSVP on anything you want to join. It’s (hopefully) quite relaxed, so just read the adverts for rides when they appear.

@Henry any idea what’s happening this weekend? (apart from the accessible)

Thanks

Awesome, I’m not available to do a ride this weekend but will be able to do one the following weekend and am very keen to try out my shiny new Canyon which is arriving tomorrow :star_struck: :biking_man:

@Lee I’m a bit time constrained on Sunday so will be doing a ride Saturday (around 100k) and then joining the Accessible. If anyone is wanting/doing a mid-pace on Sunday, let it be known!

If anyone wants to join me on Saturday, let me know. Later than usual depart.

Cheers,

Looking to do a short (1.5 - 2 hrs (ie: 45-55km)) mid-pace ride on Sunday. Happy to lead (or punch it solo if nobody wants to do something shorter).