September 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

@E20_Cycle_Club

New thread for September We need ride leaders for Sundays.

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: E20 Cycle Club

We also have a closed group here: E20CC Members Group < reply to request access.

Road Ridesevenings, weekends and ad-hoc longer rides.
Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Road Rides

Sun 4th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 11th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 18th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 25th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Meeting points:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Inclusive leisure rides

From time to time E20cc will announce ad-hoc leisure rides However we recommend looking at local borough groups:
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY www.hackney.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?

Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

August 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

Hi, Is there a inclusive Sunday ride as normal, tomorrow (4th September)
Thanks
Justin

Similar question to above but for an intermediate speed/distance.

Hello everyone,

So for the Sunday extended ride, I was thinking that it would be nice that we all ride to the tea hut in high beach then split off.

Looks like im going to have a busy saturday but I have some routes that start from near that area.

Let me know what you think, duplicate edit, etc.

https://www.strava.com/routes/5177128

This ones abit messy but Im thinking the reverse then come back by brentwood.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3347480

I like the idea of being optimistic but for the minute I’m looking weak for long distance riding.

Regards all

Hi all
Jools and I were out this morning as I have commitments tomorrow sorry but hopefully one of the regulars can lead an accessible ride? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m away so wont be riding tomorrow, have a good one.

The second route has been removed but we have a few other route to choose from. From 50km to 170km lol from 1200ft of climbing to 5000ft

I’m keen for something longer and maybe faster tomorrow. If we decide on a route in advance I can load onto my Garmin or can follow others.

Edward

My spider sense is tingling …

Looking forward to tomorrow guys :slight_smile:

Yeah best to play it by ear I guess. The weather could be horrible tomorrow.

5000ft obviously…

Guys I’m running late… I’ll catch up to you… my valve extender got stuck in my rim -_-

Can’t make meeting this morning. Have a good one.

Still waiting at Pastor. Meet us at Epping if we’ve left

Not exactly a ride, but for those who like the track next Saturday is Dave Creasy racing at the velodrome. Starts at 6pm and I think its only £2 to spectate. There’s mens and youth madison races, and I’ll be (desperately hanging on) in the womens omnium.

Unfortunately if you want to see the derny madison, you’ll have to make the trip south to Herne Hill for the Sunday. But on the plus side it’s free to spectate there.

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed the ride this morning. I’ve just found out about the weekly rides from Lee and I will likely be joining you next week!

Go Helen :muscle:

Welcome to Yonder @George - We’ve added you to the following groups:

Riding for VCL Helen? I know Katie Styles who says she knows you from Herne Hill. Might well be over to watch

Does anybody want to do something a bit different this weekend? One of the last summery weekends, what about a run out to the seaside?

Obviously there is always the possibility of a ride to Brighton, but I was thinking more something like Whitstable - a bit different, about 100km out, and with a direct train back to Stratford International.

If the numbers were there, a +/- 26 kph ride out, Fish and Chips + recovery beer, then train back?

What do people think…?