Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 - 2017

Hi all,

If anyone is looking for place in RideLondon 2017 following the ballot results, the charity I work for have places. Entry is £35 and minimum sponsorship is £550. I was able to hit the target quite easily last year hosting a small football tournament with friends, rather than bugging people with sponsorship asks.

More info and to enter here: http://www.musculardystrophyuk.org/events/ridelondon

The Sunday rides were great for training too!

Cheers,

Krishan

Are you riding again Krishan?
Glad the Sunday club rides were helpful

I’ve actually got a ballot place (anyone else?) and may do a bit of fundraising for a charity where I am a trustee

Do remind the club about this opportunity again though!
Jools

Hey Jools,

I didn’t get a ballot place in the event but not intending to ride this year. I have a couple of triathlons that I have started training for. I will certainly come and join some rides in the coming months as I really enjoyed them.

You did well to get a ballot place! Best of luck with your fundraising too!

Cheers,

Krishan

5th unsuccessful year for me but I’ll join you in training Jools!

keep the faith! First time out the ballot for me

I’ve got a ballot place too. Are we given start times or do we have some say towards preference? Looking forward to the training which I’ve almost fully scheduled in.

We should get a specific slot based on estimated ride time

Risk is lots of people claimed faster times than they can really do to try and avoid bottle necks, thereby creating more bottle necks further forward…

Just heard @PaveVelo will be open early again for last minute repairs and essentials!

That’s good to know re @PaveVelo as I’ll be arriving back from holiday with my bike in a box the day before ride100. It’s going to be a packed July of cycling!

I also have a ballot place for this year.

I am trying to remember what time I put down, I think it was quite fast, which will probably mean an early start.

@jools there is also the opposite effect of people from further away putting down a slow time so they don’t have to get up so early.

I never got a place this year unfortunately. I did it last year though and it really was incredible. The best part for me was the run back in to London, you can jump on to some fast groups and really speed back in to town. I finished in just under 5 hours and was quite shocked at how fast I did it. Everyone says you’ll be surprised how quick you can ride it.

I was in the 1st wave last year and set of at 6am. Had to get there for 5am though so very early start.

Just joined up, cycling for great ormond street children’s hospital

Hi E20CC

There’s a possibility of a team challenge entry to Ride 100 if you haven’t got a place already

@Alan is interested and would need three other riders to make an application. Not guaranteed but worth a shot?

You will need to be a paid up member of British Cycling and have paid your E20 CC subs

More details here: https://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/events/100/entries/british-cycling-club-challenge/

I’m sure you can work things out from that right?
Jools

Hi All,

I am working for a small charity called emerge poverty free and we are currently looking for a sporty individual who would like to take part in Prudential RideLondon 2017. It takes place on 30th July. If anybody is interested, please visit this page:

Deadline to sign up is 26th May.

Many thanks in advance and I hope you have a good day,

Daina

Last minute places - set your own fundraising target - Prince’s Trust

Hi All
If you want to get a last minute place for this, The Prince’s Trust is wrapping up its last few places with a special offer, below. No set fundraising target, but if you want to take it up, please do genuinely do some fundraising for our work with young people around the UK.

Contact details below, but let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Cheers
Jools

Edit - might be a £20 registration fee - a lot less than if you’d got your own place!

RideLondon 2017
Made famous by the London Olympics, RideLondon-Surrey100 is back on Sunday 30th July 2017.

Ride London starts at the iconic Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the 100-mile closed road cycling route winds through the Capital and into Surrey’s stunning countryside, with some leg-testing climbs, including the infamous Box Hill, and finishing on The Mall in Central London.

We have decided to waive the registration fee for staff and friends who would like to participate. There is no minimum fundraising commitment, but we do ask you to raise what you can. The Events team will work with you to create a target that works for you, and keep you regularly updated with training and fundraising tips.

If you are interested, please speak to Rose Wright in the Events team – rose.wright@princes-trust.org.uk / 020 7543 7337.

The final deadline for registrations is midday on Friday 26th May.

Amazing opportunity, nice one @jools!

Anyone else get their start times today? I have start time or 08:52 and wave load opening time of 07:08.

So I have a start time of 6:20 with a wave load closing time of 5:24.

Somewhat regretting putting down a fast time now as that is awfully early even if it is only a 5 minutes cycle to the start.

I’ve got 740 start. hour before to line up! can’t remember what time i put. danger is getting stuck in crowds i suppose

5.44am start…