Place to buy around E20

We’re currently renting with Triathalon and love the area and the new developments that are coming up. Does anyone know of any developments coming up which have apartments for sale off plan? Doesn’t have to be shared ownership but also not “luxury”.

The two developments that will have apartments for sale off plan soon will be Prospect East/Chobham Farm (Click here) and phase two of Chobham Manor (Click here). Phase two apartments will be available to buy off plan in January 2016. You should note the two releases of Chobham Manor phase one had people camping out overnight to choose apartments so demand could again be high for phase two.

The sales and marketing suite and showhome for Prospect East are scheduled to open at the end of September 2015.

The other developments (eg. East Wick and Sweetwater) are further away in terms of build.

I found out about Chobham from just walking the area, you might want to do the same in Pudding Mill lane, I know they are developing around there as well. Might be something just a short walk away?

Thanks both, I saw prospect east the other day too, I’ll keep my eyes open as I walk around

This was the article I was thinking of in regards to queues for Chobham.

Pudding Mill will be the last to be developed according to this newspaper article:

“work on Pudding Mill is currently not slated to start until 2026, but it is believed that this timetable may be speeded up to try to meet London’s insatiable demand for new homes.”

But I agree with walking around and seeing where the cranes are. I didn’t include Manhattan Loft Gardens as no one I know can afford that!

I came across this today. Its shared ownership with L&Q

http://lqpricedin.co.uk/properties/stratford-gate/

Apparently there is a shared ownership apartment available in Chroma Mansions (Triathlon Homes).

Search in E20 on zoopla.

Property description
25% share available at £91, 250
(Based on a full sale price of £365, 000. Deposit of £9, 125 required for mortgage. Minimum earnings of £44, 935 required)

A resale apartment from triathlon homes

A one bedroom, sixth floor apartment located in the famous former athletes’ village. This home benefits from underfloor heating and floor to ceiling windows with a large balcony overlooking the gardens. The apartment also includes a fitted kitchen with oven, hob and extractor fan and integrated appliances and a modern bathroom with a heated towel rail.

What Will You Pay?
Approximate monthly outgoings £1, 141 (Including £462 mortgage, £521 rent and £158 service charge).
This includes mortgage repayment, rent, building insurance and management charge. The mortgage repayment has been calculated at a 6% mortgage rate - over a 25 year repayment loan.

Thanks for the heads up! Will take a look

There’s also one advertised in Tayberry House, although the description seems to be exactly the same as the Chroma one: https://www.east-thames.co.uk/property/tayberry-house-triathlon-homes-property

Stratford Broadway E15
1 & 2 Bedrooms

East Thames - Stratford Broadway

PRICE SHEET 24.4.17.pdf (215.1 KB)

Glasshouse Gardens launched shared ownership recently and the prices aren’t too out of whack (OK, yes, everything is out of whack in London, so taken in that context its not).

You can see a few examples on Rightmove.

eg. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66285815.html
£170,000 for a 25% share making the full market value £680,000 for a 3 bedroom apartment.

http://ghgstratford.com/downloads/

An update article on the places to buy around E20

Chobham Manor Phase 2

Taylor Wimpey is proud to announce the much anticipated new release of 1, 2 & 3 apartments and 3 & 5 bedroom houses at this exceptional development on Monday 7th August, 11am – 4pm

Chobham Manor

£460,000 - £1,050,000

This event will be strictly on a first-come basis with early arrival recommended to avoid disappointment. Due to the limited availability, sales will be restricted to one property per individual.

Those wishing to purchase will require a reservation fee of £4,500 and 2 forms of ID:

• A valid passport/photo driving licence

• An original utility bill/bank statement dated within the last 3 months

Brochure