October 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

@E20_Cycle_Club

New thread for October Still looking for additional ride leaders for Sundays.

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: E20 Cycle Club

We also have a closed group here: E20CC Members Group < reply to request access.

Road Ridesevenings, weekends and ad-hoc longer rides.
Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Road Rides

Sun 2nd 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 9th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: @jools

Sun 16th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: @jools

Sun 23th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 30th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Meeting points:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Inclusive leisure rides

From time to time E20cc will announce ad-hoc leisure rides However we recommend looking at local borough groups:
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY www.hackney.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?

Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

September 2016 - Training + Leisure rides
Welcome Topic - introduce yourself

I’m not around this coming weekend, which means I’ve missed at least 3 or 4 Sunday rides! Back on it for both road and trail riding to Epping soon, I might even enter some casual CX events if anyone’s interested.

Last Sunday was good but only me and Edward were out (Lowest turn out ever??) It was a fast a furious ride around Epping.

I should be out this Sunday.

I should be back this Sunday. I’m up for a longer ride

I should be back out on Sunday. Think last weekend was probably a more exceptional case with the low turn out due to the rain and a few of us being on the L’Etape ride.

Current forecast good for Sunday :smile:. Anyone up for doing a ride to Richmond park at some point? Change our direction up a bit.

Cheers,

Paul

I am keen to be there this Sunday as I’ve missed the last couple!

I’ll be out this Sunday and looking forward to it! Open to the distance and route but I may have to jump in a taxi for the return leg (if it’s too far) :slight_smile:

On for Sunday …

Sunday funday. I’d be up for a classic smash some gelato afterwards kind of deal…

I canne do sunday - hill climb. Perhaps a gentle ride Saturday afternoon if anyone’s free.

hope to make it tomorrow

I should be along and will probably just do the usual Epping ride this week :thumbsup:.

Cheers,

Paul

Have a niggling injury so doubt I’ll be out, enjoy the ride all.

I would love to ride on Sunday and the chances are very low as my knee is giving me plenty of signals to avoid it … let’s see …

Should be down tomorrow :slight_smile: - but only got time to do an Epping loop

On my way in case a few mins late!

Arrived just before 8 for ride, looked on Yonder just after 8 to check no change of plans - obviously just missed Henry’s message. Around 10 past gave up waiting an went out for a short ride on my own. Could definitely do with a better / more formal way of confirming who coming/late etc. It was a beautiful morning up in the forest.

Hey mate,

I’m a little confused! Did you think we normally leave at 8? 8:30 is our normal leave time and we waited till around 8:35 for people running a few mins late.

Sorry to hear you missed out though and definitely agree we need to sort whatsapp or similar.

8:30 for future reference :slight_smile:

Paul

Thanks for subtly pointing out my stupidity! Totally had 8 o’clock in my head, don’t know why the total lack of people didn’t make me double check.

Sorry to miss everyone again, having a rare few days off with family on south coast. Looking forward to catching up soon.