Now THREE "Kryptonite" bike locks found cut open (Festive Mansions)

I returned from a trip yesterday, went to get my bike, and saw a cable of one of the bikes next to me cut. Well, the frame is gone, but the wheel is still there:

Remarkable: The approach of Team East Village to deal with the issue:

The bikes have tags so it should be trivial to identify the owner of any bike in the store.

We need better racks. In my office we have the same style but there is a moveable arm that allows you to put a d-lock through the back wheel, bike frame, and bike rack.

I’m sure if 2 cars a week were getting nicked from the car parks there would be uproar and action would be taken to improve securtiy.

The main racks in N02 can be locked through the frame and wheel. I’m not sure if different blocks have different types. I know that the “indoor” section in N02 has wall-mounts that only lock through the wheels which is why I never use those for my commuter even though the room itself is more secure and better protected from the elements.

I’m N04 (I think) and the racks only allow you to lock the wheel to the rack. My neigbour had his bike stolen as they simply removed the wheel and took the frame.

I’ll email Triathlon and GLL with my feedback. I’m sure I’ll get a very swift and positive response…

In my office bike store we have these arms that allow you to fix the lock through the wheel and frame. I believe they can be retro fitted to the rack so maybe GLL and Triathlon should look in to doing that. Anyone got a contact there?

I imagine if cars were being stolen at this rate they would be quick to improve security.

My Planet X pro carbon was nicked last night from Aurelia House. They cut through my kryptonite lock.

It’s black with white pedals. Let me know if you see it anywhere. Cheers.

Really sorry to hear that. They really have to improve the situation with CCTV, more secure stands, and not leaving the doors unlocked all the time. I’d better check that mine are all still there.

The fact that my tenancy states I’m not allowed to keep my bike in my flat should mean they have to have increased security.

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve had two wheels stolen from that bike storage room (one recovered, and they convicted the guy who took the other one) but they’ve done nothing to improve the situation.

The fact that it’s left unlocked half the time is the biggest problem.

I think I’ve said this before; if cars were being stolen at this rate then I’m sure Triathlon would employ a security guard for each car park.

The weirdest part about this is that GLL tenancies have no such rule.

As a Triathlon shared owner I don’t think I have this restriction either - the wording in the lease re. bikes is “The Tenant shall not leave a bicycle anywhere in the common areas except in a designated bicycle parking area and shall not leave anything except bicycles in a designated bicycle parking area.” so doesn’t limit what happens outside the common areas.
The estate regulations are similar, adding balconies etc. to the prohibition “The Tenant shall not leave a bicycle anywhere on a balcony, winter garden, patio, terrace, Block or Plot Common Parts except in a designated bicycle parking area and shall not leave anything except bicycles in a designated bicycle parking area.”

[my mistake = deleted]