November 2016 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

@E20_Cycle_Club

New thread for November. Still looking for additional ride leaders for Sundays.

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

We also have a closed group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Ask to request access.

Road Rides — evenings, weekends and ad-hoc longer rides.
Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Road Rides
Sun 6th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: @jools (mid-pace longer ride)

Sun 13th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 20th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 27th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Meeting points:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Inclusive leisure rides
From time to time E20cc will announce ad-hoc leisure rides However we recommend looking at local borough groups:
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY www.hackney.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

Hi Everyone

Hope there are plenty of people up for the club ride this Sunday - time to start getting the base miles in!

Is anyone stepping up to lead an accessible or fast ride?

I will lead a mid pace (27kph ish/16or17mph average) route of around 90km/56miles, up through Epping, Toot Hill, Moreton, Rodings, Matching Green, back through Epping.

Let me know if you’re interested in joining. Bring snacks. I’ll also point out a plum tree and my favourite hedge!
Jools

I’m in Jools, sounds like a nice route - See you tomorrow!

Won’t make it this weekend as I’m in deepest Sussex, but sounds like a good route @jools that I’d love to do another time…

Sounds good - count me in. Looks like it will be sunny for us, and only starting rain when we get back! As if :slight_smile:.

I should be along tomorrow, injuries permitting but I’ll be knocking round the Epping hills and can probably look after any newbies who might like to join

Should be around!

@SeaAyeRobson Chris and I got a joint KOM! Boom!

Thanks for the ride today guys and Chris for your wheel on the way back!!

Nice!

No probs mate, glad you got back alright - started flaking myself on the drag out of Epping. Stopped at the petroleum station for a sugar hit to TT home on

Goalz

Hi All - Happy to lead a 100km this Sunday (13/11) was thinking this route https://www.strava.com/routes/1115305

Let me know who’s up for it - Cheers

I’ve got to build up miles abut more slowly so I’ll do the same as last week and join you till Epping and then lumber up a hill or two before an earlier return if that’s ok

I’m carrying a bit of a strain at the moment but if better by Sunday will join/lead for some Epping hill loops.

@Sjh Lumber? You were breaking your own records last week!

Hey Folks,

I’m hoping to get out again tomorrow after missing out on the last few rides. Will just see what rides are on offer in the morn and decide then!

Cheers,

Paul

Yep, my records, so all a matter of perspective…

Sorry guys - my rear cassette is shot and I’m not gunna be able to get it fixed before tomorrow’s ride - I’m out!! :sob:

Bugger - get the wheel off your spare in pavé velo by sweet-talking Lee to come down early?

Otherwise, I can still lead a longer (mid pace 26/27kph average) ride similar to last week

Jools