MSG Sphere, a glazed orb with up to 18,000 seats and room for 5,000 standing, beside the Olympic Park in east London

Has anyone heard about the MSG Sphere, a glazed orb with up to 18,000 seats and room for 5,000 standing, beside the Olympic Park in east London? I’d really like to know where exacly they’ve planned to put it. Hopefully not too close to our flats?

Have your say on plans for futuristic Stratford music venue

My understanding is that it’s meant to be here. So not too far from us, but across the other side of the railway line.

Yes, there’s literally a map in the article. But it’s super early, not even at planning permission stages, just a vague concept right now.

When we first viewed our flat (4 years ago) we were told a massive ‘snow dome’ / ski centre was going to be built on that very spot! :laughing:

Sharing the official links

www.twitter.com/msglondon

The first images of Populous’ MSG Sphere venue, which is planned for a site near the Olympic Park in east London, have been released.

Plans for the venue emerged earlier this year, alongside images of an almost identical arena planned for Las Vegas.

The entertainment company has now revealed further details of the “next-generation venue” known as MSG Sphere London.

The exterior of the sphere will be covered in digital screens used to promote artists and brands. Internally the seating bowl will feature a screen that the MSG describes as the “largest and highest resolution media display on Earth”.

MSG unveiled the renderings of the venue during an event at the nearby Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

The venue will be built on a five acre site located to the east of the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre that has been purchased by MSG.

omg are those actually real pictures??? they look amazing whatever the case, thanks for sharing! new wallpapers for me.

The images are CGI renders, it is just a concept at the moment for the proposal.

The consultation events are as follows:

Saturday, July 7: Timber Lodge, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, 9am-6pm

More on: