May 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

don’t worry @Shaun … it was a pleasure. Next time it will be better, I am sure.

Hi All,

I am working for a small charity called emerge poverty free and we are currently looking for a sporty individual who would like to take part in Prudential RideLondon 2017. It takes place on 30th July. If anybody is interested, please visit this page:

Deadline to sign up is 26th May.

Many thanks in advance and I hope you have a good day,

Daina

Anyone fancy leading a mid distance/pace ride with me this Sunday? I was thinking of doing this.

It’s about 10 mile shorter for people starting from Stratford as this includes my cycle to and from home.

Looks good @Henry, what time are you going? Fear I need to be out earlier than normal…
If anyone else fancies an earlier morning, I.e 7am back by 11 latest, let me know

The usual 0830 mate. I don’t think I could do 7am on a Sunday!

Understood and appreciated, if I do it on my jack you’ll probably catch-up with me at a cake stop in Epping on the way back!

MID-PACE/DISTANCE RIDE THIS SUNDAY 0815 meet-up 0835 depart

Hi All

I’ll be leading a c 85km ride to Abbess Roding and back this Sunday, taking in some of the Essex lanes. There’ll be a few hills early on, but nothing too taxing. Any real challenge would be if it gets really hot or if the weather turns sour (standard British weather warning right?).

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 26-27kph - this is faster than the accessible ride average, though not as fast as the fast ride average

Whilst we will make some allowances, this will not be a ‘no drop’ ride, therefore please be confident about:

• the distance
  • fuelling during the ride (a general rule is to take on one gram of carbohydrate per kilo of bodyweight, per hour)
  • group riding and taking turns on the front
  • having breakfast! (porridge + fruit if in doubt)
  • carrying spares, etc.
  • getting home if you need to drop off

Please let me know here in advance if you plan to join, and that you understand the necessary prep

Cheers

I’m in for an early one, suits my schedule, I’ll confirm with you directly. Thanks

LONGER FAST RIDE

Hi everybody,

We’ll be doing a slightly longer fast ride tomorrow, details below.

Let us know if you are planning to join, and text on the WhatsApp group if late.

• 7:55 am meet for an 8 am rollout
  • Meeting place: the usual place, in Victory Park opposite Sainsburys
  • Target Avg. Speed: + 29 Kmh / + 18 mph
  • Distance: 124 km / 77 miles
  • Hills: a few, including Mott St, Hoe Lane and other shorter & punchier ones
  • Coffee stop - maybe, will be decided en-route

Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/8793923

Ride Policy, as per usual:

• An appropriate breakfast
  • Route downloaded
  • Spare parts (pumps / co2 and tubes)
  • Food and drinks
  • Having ridden a similar ride before

Anybody caught intentionally littering will be made to ride at the front the whole time and won’t be invited back! Seriously though, we love the countryside and don’t want to spoil it. If you bring it, you take it.
Apart from just being wrong, it also doesn’t help encourage other road users to treat us and other cyclists with patience and courtesy.

Confirmed riders for now: @Theqg_QG, @Pastor-Kawesi, @David, @haykelb and myself

I would like to join you for the mid-pace ride tomorrow. I participated in a few rides with you last year and wanting to get back into group riding.

If I will get up after my night shift today I’m going to join you Henry

Definitely up for this @Henry. See you tomorrow!

I’m up for the mid pace ride - keen to test myself!

Hello all! Been far too long!

@Henry this sounds like a good one to stretch the legs on, cheers for hosting. I’ll pop along :slight_smile: Catch you in the morn then.

Thanks for making the ride happen @Henry

Everyone pushed today - great to see. Well done

Yep really enjoyed (felt) that. Thanks for leading @jools. Average speed? 27.12 kph (16.9 mph)!! Good job guys!

Hi Henry,
Sorry I missed you guys you had probably just left I got there at 8:37am I rode like bad to high beech but obviously you guys didn’t go that way. How do I get on the group WhatsApp that way a bit easy to track when on the move.
Thanks
Anthony

Hi mate. You must have just missed us as we left around 835! We went up the normal way but we were going at quite a pace. Direct message me your number and I’ll add you.

Thanks @jools, @Henry and everyone else for a great ride this morning.

Particularly like how Henry’s photo captures my eating a banana face and Jools pouting over my shoulder!

Nice group !