May 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

New thread for May 2017

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

We also have a closed group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Simply ask to request access

Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Note: Ad-hoc on and off-road rides consist of evenings, weekends and longer training sessions — keep an eye on the thread and join the conversation.

Road Rides
Sun 7th 8.30am | Ride leaders: @jools (early RP laps) @Henry (Accessible/Social ride)

Sun 14th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Sun 21st 8.30am | Ride leaders: @Henry (Mid pace ride)

Sat 27th 8.30am @Henry (Steady pace long distance ride)

Sun 28th 8.30am | Ride leaders: @Henry (Accessible/Recovery ride)

Meeting point for all rides:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Update and important note regarding planning:

If you plan to ride with E20cc on any given Sunday. We urge you to let the ride leader know you are coming, by simply leaving a message here on the current monthly topic.

Thank you

Other local groups and clubs in and around East London.
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY CC www.hackney.cc
LEA VALLEY CC www.leavalleycc.co.uk
EAST LONDON VELO www.eastlondonvelo.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

I’ll be at the Velopark for a few laps tomorrow evening from around 6-6.30 or so. If anyone’s about, shout!

Hi @Lee :slight_smile:just thought I’d message and let you and your group know that Fix - a NEW sports injury clinic has opened in E20 (11 Penny Brookes St) and we offer a range of therapies: physio, Osteopathy, sports massage and Pilates & yoga. We have £10.00 discount on all our treatments until the end of May so a 1hr massage would cost £55 instead of £65. We have one masseuse here in particular that is a triathlon coach so he’s an expert in dealing with cycling, swimming and running injuries! :bicyclist: :swimmer: :runner: www.fixlondon.co.uk/eastvillage

Sunday 7 May - 0730 - Early Regent’s Park laps

Hi All
I’m planning RP laps long intervals session for Sunday, which you are welcome to join.

Leaving early so there’s little traffic during the laps. I’ll be doing 3x4 lap efforts with 1 lap recovery, but you can do your own thing if you like seeing as it’s going round in circles.

As this is an early ride, I would need to know for definite if you are coming, otherwise I’ll be off on my own.
Cheers
Jools

Anyone seen/done/wants to do this?

http://chasethesun.wixsite.com/chasethesun/info

ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 7th May

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 14-16mph (depending on ability)
Distance: 25m

Hi All

I’ll be leading a 25mile (40km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders and has the strict policy of no-one left behind. However MTB, single speed or hybrid users should be regular fitter than average to keep up with the inclusive pace of around 14-16mph. Once at The Hut, we can add some hill loops or crack on to Theydon Bois depending on how we’re feeling.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 14-16mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leader will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

All riders are encouraged to read this post on group riding before joining: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

Please prepare by:

• having breakfast (porridge + banana and you can’t go wrong)
  • pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure
  • understanding the distance
  • taking on water or snacks during the ride
  • carrying spare inner tube etc.
  • getting home if you need to leave the ride

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
Henry

I should be around tomorrow. Not been around RP before, but would prefer something slightly quicker than the accessible if possible. @jools - what time would you expect to be back?

Let me know!

Hi Henry,

I joined the group for the accessible ride last week, and would very much like to join again tomorrow. However, if you don’t get enough takers and want to do a faster paced cycle for more competent riders, I’m happy to wait for the next ‘accessible’.

Kindest regards,

Roseann.

Hi @rkealy, not at all! Do come along as the accessible ride will go ahead as planned. I’ve been a bit under the weather this week so looking forward to a gentle ride!

Strava tells me last time I did RP laps it was a 2h40 ride. I’m doing slightly more efforts this time but still prob less than three hours

Anyone definite to join, tell me here and I’ll come find you at the usual start point

Thanks very much. I suspect your gentle equates to my 'going all out.
In that case I’ll see you tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Roseann.

I’m off on my tod for a longer ride tomorrow - route is here: https://www.strava.com/routes/8566799

I’ll be leaving early (730 or so) - happy to be joined by anyone interested. I average around 16mph.

@Adam … we are leaving at 7:30am for 100km ride with @Pastor-Kawesi and @aahj … target average +28km/h

Ah that’s a wee bit fast for me over the distance - wouldn’t want to hold you up. Thanks though - have a good ride!

I think @Theqg_QG’s option would also be a little quick for me. I’ll join you at 7:30 then @jools if that’s cool?

see you bright and early @Ian_Clark

Just confirming that we’re not around tomorrow, enjoy the rides :sunny:.

@henry am running a few mins late as had a flat. Will catch you up.

Pleasant but cold ride today folks. Shame @ToddYatesUK jinxed the weather with his sun emoji!