March 2018: Training, Club & Accessible Rides

Accessible Ride: Sunday 25th March
Ride Leader TBC

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 14mph (23kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hello everybody. This weekend, we will have our usual ride up to the Acorn Hut at High beech, Epping forest. There is the option of doing two hill climbs, Lippits and Mott street, for those who are feeling good.

This ride is a no drop ride. So no one will be left behind. We aim to work as a team and really build on group riding skills. Just remember, even though this ride is accessible we still aim to push ourselves.

We will aim for an average speed of 14mph (23kph) across the ride - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

Prepare by:
Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure (this will depend on weather, if it is slippy I advise a lower PSI for more grip.)
Set correct saddle height and consider position
Understand the distance
Take water and snacks during the ride
Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
Have breakfast!
Please reply to this topic if you plan to attend - Thanks!!
Hope to see many of you there.

Kris.

Hi Kris, I’ll be attending, see you Sunday.

James

That’s great James. See you on Sunday.

Hi all, also looking to join the ride this Sunday.

Jon

I am thinking of going for a mid-pace 70-80km with no stops tomorrow. Leaving at 8.30.

Avg: 28km/h
Distance : 70-80km
Direction: Essex and about, rolling no many hills.
Ride policy: no drops

/G.

Any taker ?

That’s great Jon. See you tomorrow. Kris.

I’m in…first ride of the year (fair weather fan)

Hi Kris,
I’m planning to join the ride tomorrow as my first one with E20CC. Just checking this is acceptable for a first ride. I’m a regular cyclist just not been doing longer distances or group rides for a while and hoping to get back into it.
Joanna

I still have a bit of a shoulder injury, could probably ride but not 100% sure so will probably head to the gym instead. Hoping to get out more often as we head into better weather, but I also keep saying that and things keep coming up!

Yep, tomorrow’s accessible ride will be perfect for this. Enjoy!

Hey Kris,

Intending to join this accessibility. See ya there!

Melvin

Enjoy the ride Melvin.

Hi guys. GF has had a close personal bereavement and I have to support her. Won’t be joining you this morning.

Thanks everyone for joining the ride today. Despite a couple of mechanical problems it was a good one. Happy rest of the day.

/G

Easter Sunday Ride: London - Cambridge

Sunday 01.04.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry
Avg. Pace: 28-30kmph
Distance: 92 km
Saddle Time: 3h 30m
Drop: Yes
More Info: London - Cambridge with Train back (approximately £8 taking 1 hour 15 minutes )

https://www.strava.com/routes/10620171

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders: @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25-27kmph
Distance: 92km
Saddle Time: 4h+
Drop: No
More Info: London - Cambridge with Train back (approximately £8 taking 1 hour 15 minutes)

https://www.strava.com/routes/10620171

Hi All - Two rides to Cambridge on Sunday, fast and a nice mid pace for the rolling countryside, a great early season leg stretcher with good cafe & food spots at the end of the ride just by the station.
Everyone riding the same route and usual meet up and depart location & times apply.

GPX route available 31.03.18 LDN-CAM.gpx (162.5 KB)

Hope to see as many as possible there and back in plenty of time to see the end of Flanders.

I want to get out tomorrow but won’t have time to take on the Cambridge run.
Anyone up for a ride up to Epping?

I’m thinking something like this
https://www.strava.com/routes/6623510

First ride of the year for me so ill join the slower ride

Everyone please make sure your club membership is up to date before riding this morning Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

Ta

Hi, sorry if I have missed the thread but is there an accessible ride this Sunday (2nd of month)? keen to join and coming back from injury. will wait to hear back.

Hi @Paul_Thompson!
We’re just waiting on confirmation of a ride leader for this weeks ride :slight_smile: We should be posting an update either today or tomorrow so please keep a lookout on this thread :+1: