March 2018: Training, Club & Accessible Rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: www.E20cc.org
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

Important notes for Club Rides:

Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

Sunday 04.03.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace: xx kmph
Distance: xx km
Saddle Time: xh xxm
Drop: Yes
More Info:

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
Drop: No
More Info:

Sunday 11.03.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Sunday 18.03.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Sunday 25.03.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Route:

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Sunday 31.03.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry
Avg. Pace: 28-30kmph
Distance: 92 km
Saddle Time: 3h 30m
More Info: London - Cambridge with Train back (approximately £8 taking 1 hour 15 minutes )

https://www.strava.com/routes/10620171

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders: @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25-27kmph
Distance: 92km
Saddle Time: 4h+
More Info: London - Cambridge with Train back (approximately £8 taking 1 hour 15 minutes)

https://www.strava.com/routes/10620171

MEETING POINT

Victory Park, 50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB (opposite Sainsburys)
Sundays please arrive 08:15 for 08:30 depart (Unless advised otherwise)

British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’

British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’ links & articles

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

How to add Yonder to your homepage as a shortcut on your Smartphone

(https://yonder.e20.org/t/getting-started-with-yonder/1460/4)

Epically horrible commute ride via CS2 home this evening, but I might still be up for a ride on Sunday morning; freshly minted club member, use the keenness while it lasts innit.

I admire your enthusiasm! Unfortunately I’m off the bike this week and I’m not sure if anyone will want to lead a ride in this weather. It’s taking the mick a bit.

What’s your excuse then for being off the bike :wink:

Slight injury that isn’t going away, so a bit of rest is in order.

Accessible Ride: Sunday 11th March
Ride Leader @MdeBokx (Marinthe)

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 14mph (23kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi all! I’m offering this weekends accessible ride up to the Acorn Hut at High beech, Epping forest. There is the option of doing two hill climbs, Lippits and Mott street, for those who are feeling good.

This ride is a no drop ride. So no one will be left behind. We aim to work as a team and really build on group riding skills. Just remember, even though this ride is accessible we still aim to push ourselves. (Let’s climb those hills, right!?)

We will aim for an average speed of 14mph (23kph) across the ride - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure (this will depend on weather, if it is slippy I advise a lower PSI for more grip.)
  • Set correct saddle height and consider position
  • Understand the distance
  • Take water and snacks during the ride
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
  • Have breakfast!

Please reply to this topic if you plan to attend - Thanks!!

Hope to see some of you there :smile:
:v: Marinthe

Thanks Marinthe. I’d be attending.

Thanks for posting @MdeBokx — I’m looking to join you guys, not 100% due to getting over a virus. Cheers!

See you there @Kris :sunglasses:

@Lee nice! Looking forward to seeing you back in the club runs! Hopefully your virus is gone by Sunday :smile:

I’m also on the end of an illness but has pretty much cleared up already so I should be there.

One of my neighbours in Wanstead says he will join us. His name is Michael.

I shall probably come. Edit: on reflection I think I need to build up to that distance/pace a bit — later in the year, perhaps. This morning I will have a lie in instead.

Accessible Ride: Sunday 11th March
Ride Leader @thesprintingsanchez (Jonathan

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 27/28kph (optimistically)
Distance&Route: 100km Route, might be this 75km Route
Coffee stop: Blackmore Tea Rooms - 15/20 minute break

Hello everyone, as discussed on Whatsapp, I wish to lead a mid-paced semi-training ride. This is for those returning from hibernation like myself or/and who have a good experience level with riding as a group.

Although this is a no drop ride, please note that you are expected to work hard and sweat. It would be great to maintain a good average and get home (before our other partners begin the phone call storm of “Where are you??”)

We will aim for an overall ride average speed of 27/28 km/h. Pictures will be taken so bring your good kit out.

Prepare by:
Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure, (90-110psi).
Understanding the distance.
Bringing snacks during the ride.
Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues.
Having breakfast.

See you Sunday!

Thanks @Jonathan_Calderon, @Pastor-Kawesi, @David, @aahj and the always classy @heikel

Trivia : plan vs reality

Average speed 29km/h … just because I was playing the ballast or the speed would have been over 30

The coffee break last 1h :slight_smile: … we needed a longer chat after so long without riding together

I got dropped but the guys were patient enough to wait for me at top of the hill.

Many thanks and see you soon

For @Richard_Mitchell (since he was asking about it yesterday), but worth a mention for everyone else too:
I wear this oneLifeID band when I’m out on rides (and also commuting) just in case :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the link:
https://www.onelifeid.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Ze3mqnn2QIVQb7tCh0srARAEAAYASAAEgLQJvD_BwE
It’s a bracelet with emergency contact details, any major allergen details and also a web link that goes to a page showing medical history or any info that would be useful to medics.
This is really handy in case you get caught up in a bad crash since the medic will know who to contact and immediately has details about any allergens (in case you’re allergic to anything medical related…).

Anyway, thought it was worth a mention :smile: (also you can match it to your kit :wink:)
Ride safe :v:

On a similar note - I heavily recommend everyone makes sure to set up their emergency medical details and contact numbers on their phone.

A band is better though - especially if you have any serious conditions because it won’t run out of battery and is less likely to smash in a major crash.

The best laid plans of mice and men… :rat::older_man:

I reckon we’ll get 120k and 32kph out of you next time!

Great ride!:sweat_smile:

@David yeah the phone smashing is my worry :no_good_woman: or the fact they need my fingerprint to unlock it :joy:

Due to freak weather conditions where, with wind chill, temperatures are as low as -8, with a good chance of ice our Sunday Club ride on 18th of March has been cancelled. Any questions, please ping me.