March 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

New thread for March 2017

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

We also have a closed group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Simply ask to request access

Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Note: Ad-hoc on and off-road rides consist of evenings, weekends and longer training sessions — keep an eye on the thread and join the conversation.

##Road Rides

Sun 5th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Sun 12th 8.30am | Ride leaders: Accessible ride: @Henry

Sun 19th 8.30am | Ride leaders: @jools

Sun 26th 8.30am | Ride leaders: @jools (early RP laps)

Meeting point for all rides:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Update and important note regarding planning:

If you plan to ride with E20cc on any given Sunday. We urge you to let the ride leader know you are coming, by simply leaving a message here on the current monthly topic.

As the weather gets better we need to create a rota for ride leaders and different ability groups, unless we know you are coming we cannot plan ahead.

In addition we may have to cap numbers on groups and your communication helps planning and in turn more appropriate leading of the rides.

Thank you

Other local groups and clubs in and around East London.
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY CC www.hackney.cc
LEA VALLEY CC www.leavalleycc.co.uk
EAST LONDON VELO www.eastlondonvelo.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

February 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

Hi

I’d like to lead another hills intervals ride on Sunday. Steady up to Epping Forest followed by 5x Lippets Hill loops and two or three Wellington Hill climbs

Good strength training. Downhills offer the interval/recovery

Let me know if you’re interested

Don’t see the type of ride you would like to do? Why not consider becoming a ride leader? Give me a shout if you have questions

Jools

Hi All
Just a reminder of my hill intervals session tomorrow
Let me know if you plan to join
Thanks
Jools

@jools hill repeats you say? Aye gan’on then!!
See you there usual time

Have a nice ride everyone. I will be on my way back to London … hopefully on my 2 wheels next weekend.

Hi guys,

Keen to join your cycle tomorrow, very much an amateur but getting there, gotta give my new cleats a whirl :slight_smile: Hoping we don’t get the worst of the weather. See you at 830!

Ciara

Won’t be out this week, recovering from an all-night Hackathon. Next week looks clear at the moment.

Enjoy the hills!

Hi Ciara — good to see you on here and thanks for letting us know, hope to see you tomorrow

@jools — Thank you for leading us all out today safely, as always total dedication and thought for others at all times (and for allowing me to to blow some cobwebs away!)

Pleasure riding with you all @Sjh @SeaAyeRobson @Dave_Barnes + well done Ciara and good luck in Cape Town next weekend @Gormleyc

Thanks a mil! Really enjoyed the cycle. Looking forward to joining you guys again. See you in a few weeks! C

Hi there,

I’d like to join you on 19th March. I’m a regular commuter by bike but I need to start training for a charity ride.(I like my lie ins, so the first challenge will be getting there by 8.30 :slight_smile: )

Beth

Hi Guys
Won’t be going with the 8.30 groups on Sunday, but planning an earlier Regent’s Park laps ride, leaving around 7.45 so very little traffic

Aiming for steady there, five laps effort, one lap recovery, four laps effort. I’ll let the other club riders chase me round… (ahem)

E20CC riders very welcome to join me - once at RP you can go your own speed, whether faster or slower, but please be definite so I’m not hanging around for anyone who might not turn up

Cheers
Jools

Anyone tonight at the Velopark starting around 6:30pm ?

I can’t make this @Theqg_QG - hope to get lapping with you soon mate

Hi all,

I’m planning to join on Sunday 12th

How big is the group normally?

Cheers,

Sam

Hi folks! I’ll be leading the accessible/social ride this Sunday 12th. It’ll be a gentle ride up to High Beach near Epping with a hill loop before heading back to the East Village. Around 25 miles total at 14-16 mph with no one left behind. Water essential, food recommended. We may encounter a bit of rain so some waterproof clothing will help. Counts double in the rain, remember!?

@Sam_A we’re usually between 7-10 on average, however we sometimes get up to 15-18 riders, so you never know. Either way, it’s a good morning out!! Hopefully see you Sunday!

Hello all @E20CC_Members

If you plan to ride with E20cc on any given Sunday:

We urge you to let the ride leader know you are coming, by simply leaving a message here on the current monthly topic.

As the weather gets better we need to create a rota for ride leaders and different ability groups, unless we know you are coming we cannot plan ahead.

In addition we may have to cap numbers on groups and your communication helps planning and in turn more appropriate leading of the rides.

Many thanks

Lee on behalf of E20cc

Pleasure riding with everyone today. And the rain stayed away!

Hope everyone had a good ride this morning. Always good to hear reflections on here

@Sjh and I smashed out some fast early Regent’s Park laps. Glad the rain didn’t appear. ICC group used me as pace, but I was on a ‘no drafting’ day so they couldn’t return the favour

@Lee (at all) … as we talked, I am thinking of going for a few laps (1h) in the early afternoon, I am flexible so let me know in case you are interested.