June 2018: Training, Club and Accessible Rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: www.E20cc.org
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

Important notes for Club Rides:

Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

Sunday 03.06.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Guy_Wilkinson
Avg. Pace: 28-30 kmph
Distance: 130 km
Saddle Time: xh xxm
Drop: Yes
More Info: https://www.strava.com/routes/13572208 / non-stop or one short break to refuel / out via Toot Hill, east around the “Easter” villages as far Great Waltham and then back via North Weald. Did it solo last Sunday, lots of very quiet B roads.

Club Ride 1:
Blackmore loop with a stop at the tea rooms
Ride Leaders: @DavidC
Avg. Pace: 26kph
Distance: 92km
Setting off: Usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in Victory Park at 08:30
Saddle time: 3-4 hours
Drop: No drop - but make sure you are comfortable with the pace and distance above
Route: Blackmore Loop - 92km

Sunday 10.06.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace: xx kmph
Distance: xx km
More Info:

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders: @Henry @Shaun
Distance: 90km
Saddle Time: 3-4 hours
Drop: No
Route: Blackmore

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @DavidC
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Sunday 17.06.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Club Ride 1
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Sunday 24.06.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
More Info:

MEETING POINT

Victory Park, 50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB (opposite Sainsburys)
Sundays please arrive 08:15 for 08:30 depart (Unless advised otherwise)

British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’

British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’ links & articles

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

How to add Yonder to your homepage as a shortcut on your Smartphone

https://yonder.e20.org/t/getting-started-with-yonder/1460/4

June 2018: training, Club and Accessible Rides

Hi anyone fancy 130km ride Sunday 3rd June? Reasonable quick pace 28-30km/h, perhaps non-stop or one short break to refuel. Happy to leave a little earlier at 08h00 if that’s suits more people. you can find route here https://www.strava.com/routes/13572208 , but basically out via Toot Hill, east around the “Easter” villages as far Great Waltham and then back via North Weald. Did it solo last Sunday, lots of very quiet B roads.

Any interest?
Guy

Think that pace and distance might be a bit much for me @Guy_Wilkinson . Was planning a ride out to Blackmore tea rooms tomorrow. Around 92km at about 26kph average. Details below if anyone wants to join:

Club Ride - Blackmore loop - with a stop at the tea rooms
Date: 03.06.18
Drop: No drop - but make sure you are comfortable with the pace and distance above
Route: Blackmore Loop - 92km

For anyone who hasn’t done Blackmore before its a great route with a nice tea and cake stop around halfway. Lots of countryside once out of London.

Meet at 08.20 for a 08.30 departure

As ever make sure your tyres pumped & bring spare tube, a pump etc and try to download the route.
Bring lots of food and water given the length of route and the slap on the sun cream as the weather looks like it might be warm again tomorrow. :sunny: :biking_man: :biking_woman:

Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

Thanks for posting your rides @Guy_Wilkinson and @DavidC — Sorry there wasn’t a new topic created in time for June. I haven migrated the information from Guy’s post to add in dates.

Note: This is a wiki-topic — which means anyone leading a ride can simply edit the details and add in their information under the appropriate date:

Great sunny Blackmore ride today guys.

Thanks everyone!

Hey guys. Looking to lead a long accessible ride this Sunday in celebration of Cycling Week. Would need around 4 ride leaders to make it happen. We currently have 2. Let me know below if you’re interested!

Hi there

I’m finally settle here and planning to join the accesible ride this Sunday :smiley:

Ride leaders: @Henry @Shaun
Club Ride - Blackmore loop - with a stop at the tea rooms…for coffee
Date: 10.06.18
Route: Blackmore loop

ACCESSIBLE RIDE

Date: 10.06.2018
Departure: Meet at the usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in the Olympic Village. Please aim to be there for around 8:20am and we’ll run through names, route and rules etc. aiming to leave just after 8.30am.
Avg. Pace: Around 22-23kph
Distance: 40-50km
Ride Time: 2- 3 hours including a stop at High Beach
Drop: No.

Hi everyone

For this week’s accessible ride I’ll be leading a group heading out to the Acorn Hut at High Beach in Epping Forest before deciding whether the group wants to do some hills around Epping or press on a little further and do a loop around Ivy Chimneys (around 50km in total for the ride).

This will be a NO DROP ride so we’ll be riding as one group and won’t leave anyone behind - we’re a friendly bunch! Pace will vary depending on the group but please ensure you are broadly comfortable with the target pace and distance.

If you’re relatively new to E20cc (or looking to join for the first time), want to build confidence and group riding skills, or just want a nice ride out to Epping to test your legs this is the one for you.

Don’t forget to read all the advice in the post at the top of the thread, check your tyres are pumped up and your bike is in working order, bring spare tubes and enough food and water.

See you tomorrow!

Looking forward to joining you guys again tomorrow

For anyone who is joining either rides tomorrow and for who this isn’t an introduction ride, please have your membership up to date or you will not be allowed to ride with us :persevere:

This will be my second ride, does that count as introductory?

Yep no problem Matt.

Ok-I think I’m not going, my first ride here in London and I don’t want to slow you down. Need to get used to the crazy amount of cars.

Hi! I’m in for the accessible ride tomorrow.

I’ll be there for the accessible ride. Considering tying this bad boy under my saddle

—went to the Nocturne this afternoon & picked up a souvenir. Update: I have considered, and decided against it. Will still be on the ride though.

Hey guys, I’m up for the club/accessible tomorrow. Hopefully see you then.

I should be riding tomorrow, just for the Accessible as I’m a bit out of practice.

Do come along, speed isn’t an issue for the Accessible (I’m always at the back!) and you’ll feel safer with the cars when riding with a group.

Thanks for leading the ride David; back within 5 minutes of the estimated time was pretty good. Despite a slightly chilly start I was glad not to be wearing wool by the end, well done on the weather too.

Ha. Not sure I can take credit for the weather! Good accessible ride today. Couple of hills and a bit of sun. Perfect.

Definitely some dodgy poses in the obligatory group pic though…