June 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 25th June

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 14-16mph (depending on ability)
Distance: 25m (40k)

Hi All

I’ll be leading a 25mile (40km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders and has the strict policy of no-one left behind. Once at The Hut, we can add some hill loops or crack on to Theydon Bois depending on how we’re feeling.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 14-16mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leader will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

All riders are encouraged to read this post on group riding before joining: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

Please prepare by:

• having breakfast (porridge + banana and you can’t go wrong)
  • pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure
  • understanding the distance
  • taking on water or snacks during the ride
  • carrying spare inner tube etc.
  • getting home if you need to leave the ride

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join. After the ride you’re welcome to join me for a coffee at @Handcafe who have the best coffee in the East Village and probably beyond.

Thanks
Henry

Hi All,

I will try and Join you all tomorrow for the first time. It sounds great!

Mike s

I’ll be there on Sunday Henry.

Hey guys, wont be able to make it to Stratford in time this morning, sorry about that. Hope you’re able to get a ride out this morning.

Enjoyed my ride this morning, almost crashed into that car, you may have heard me panicking as you chaps headed off down ivy chimneys, completely my fault as was too excited at having caught you (you must have stopped near the petrol station for ages!)

Anyone fancy doing this this Sunday? London to Cambridge.

https://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=579

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: July 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides