June 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

New thread for June 2017

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Membership details: Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

We also have a closed group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Simply ask to request access

Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Note: Ad-hoc on and off-road rides consist of evenings, weekends and longer training sessions — keep an eye on the thread and join the conversation.

Road Rides
Sun 4th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Sun 11th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Sun 18th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Sun 25th 8.30am | Ride leaders:

Meeting point for all rides:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Update and important note regarding planning:

If you plan to ride with E20cc on any given Sunday. We urge you to let the ride leader know you are coming, by simply leaving a message here on the current monthly topic.

Thank you

Other local groups and clubs in and around East London.
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY CC www.hackney.cc
LEA VALLEY CC www.leavalleycc.co.uk
EAST LONDON VELO www.eastlondonvelo.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

May 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

I should be out tomorrow. Happy to lead a group to Epping or a bit further. Let’s see who turns up in the morning and what they fancy.

May 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure rides

We’re just going for some Victoria Park laps for an hour around 09:00 so won’t be at meeting point. Enjoy the ride.

Good accessible ride today

Hi all.

I’m looking to sign up to the club this week and make it out on the 11th next Sun.

I’d say I’m an intermediate level rider and I’m wondering if it’s OK to join next week’s ride out if I pay my membership fee and sort my insurance out?

Cheers, Jay.

Hi Jay, it’s fairly casual for accessible weekly rides, keep an eye on this topic for medium/faster pace rides.

Also have a look at this post below from @Henry (E20cc chair)

Ok cool.

I’ve already signed up for the British Cycling membership.

See you Sunday!

Hi,

I’ve joined a few of the accessible rides now (which are great by the way). I’m training for Ride London and need to crank up the miles. I could do with buddying up for some longer rides if anyone is game? 50/60mile rides on Sundays- 18th June, 2nd July, 9th July.

thanks

Beth

Hi Beth - I’ve got a place for Ride London, due to family/work commitments my training has fallen off a cliff. I’m going struggle to get back to any kind of fitness, but really interested in making one or two of these dates with you.

I’ll setup a dedicated thread under @E20CC_Members for anyone interested = https://yonder.e20.org/t/ride-london-group-training-rides-june-july-2017/4324

@Lee Do you have a gpx / strava / garmin link to the route I could put into my garmin edge please?

100km Sunday Ride

Hi, I am thinking of doing a 100km ride tomorrow/ Sunday the 11th.

Here is the route:

Leaving time: 8:00am from the usual place
Target Avg speed: 28km/h
Distannce : 100km
We are likely to stop for coffee

usual policies:

• come well fed
  • have the route in the garmin as you may have to find your way back home
  • have spare parts tubes and pump
  • make sure that you are physically and mentally fit for such a ride (speed and distance)
  • bring water and gels with you

Please confirm if you are planning to attend.

@Theqg_QG would I be able to join this for my first ride with the club?

Hi @neuron,
As we never rode together I am not able to asses your capabilities. You can try to answer the following:

• do you have a road bike?
  • do you use cleats ?
  • have you ridden in a group?
  • have you had a ride of 100km or longer ?
  • what was your avg speed on the 100km ride ?
  • when was the last time you did a long ride and how long and fast was it ?

/G.

Yes I have a road bike :white_check_mark:
Cleats :white_check_mark:
I usually ride with a couple of friends but I’ve ridden in a larger group for charity. E20 would be my first club.
My longest ride was 100m. I usually try to do 50-70m.
My last ride was 50m in 3hr at about 16mph.
(https://www.strava.com/activities/953062421)

Why not. Tag along. Not sure who else is coming.

Will do. I’m. Assuming the usual place is across from sainsburys?

Yes, same place. Let’s see the weather in the morning and decide then what to do.

I should be along in the morning, see people at 8

Should be around for the longer ride. See you for 8.

Great @Henry !
Please download the map just in case my garmin fails.