June 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

@E20_Cycle_Club

New thread for June. We need ride leaders for Sundays.

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: E20 Cycle Club

We also have a closed group here: E20CC Members Group < reply to request access.

Road Ridesevenings, weekends and ad-hoc longer rides.
Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Road Rides

Sun 5th — Two rides:
7:30am Faster ride - Ride leader: @Theqg_QG
8:30am Accessible ride - Ride leader: @Michael_James

Sat 11th 7.30am (TBC) - Dunwich Dynamo Training Ride Two
7:30am Longer ride - Ride leader: @Jools / Aiming for 100-120km steady (26-27kph average) group riding.

Sun 12th — Currently one ride:
8:30am Accessible ride - Ride leader: @Henry - Route 1 or 2 see below: June 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

Sun 19th 8.30am - Route Epping Forest| Ride leaders: *— @Sjh (Stuart) *

Sun 26th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: *— @Sjh (Stuart) *

Meeting points:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Inclusive leisure rides

From time to time E20cc will announce ad-hoc leisure rides However we recommend looking at local borough groups:
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY www.hackney.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?

Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

Hi Everyone,

Im happy to lead a ride Sunday to Greenwich.

Cheers

I’m popping to velopark track for an hour or so (maybe tad more) of laps this evening at 6ish, weather permitting, if anyone feels inclined to join!

I’m away on hols from tomorrow and won’t make this/next Sunday, so enjoy!

May 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

For Sunday long ride (if the weather allows) I am happy to propose the following options:

Option 1:

Radlett Loop:

Departure time: 7.30am + 5min grace
Distance: 88km
Target avg speed: 26-28km/h
Elev gain: just below 700meters

Route / Gpx file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i43nwdo6tvq7a1v/E20-to-Radlett-Loop.gpx?dl=0

Route Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/544106208

Option 2:

Great Dunmow (same route we did with @jools)

Departure time: 7.30am + 5min grace
Distance: 117km
Target avg speed: 26-28km/h
Elev gain: just below 700meters

Route / Gpx file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/va9oqtjfnlmmb3w/E20_CC_Great_Dumnow_.gpx?dl=0

Route Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/584202424

I will confirm the rides tomorrow, and in any case, if you are late, please send a text to my my phone number (07789688784) and/ or post it on Yonder.

I would love to join one of those long rides but not with the earlier start time…

I’d like to join you on the first option if that’s the one you go for, happy with the start time

I’m up for the longer ride, either route is fine.

We can go for the 1st option and I can change the time to 8.00am. How does that sound to @Sjh ?

I’d prefer a 0730 depart for the longer ride. early bird catches the worm. :slight_smile:

I’m up for the longer ride. 7.30 is good for me.

Option 1 looks good, although would prefer an 8am depart as am already 30 mins away.

I want to be back by 11.30 12.00 the latest

ditto

Thinking of doing a saturday afternoon ride at 2-ish to get the good weather in the afternoon and make it back to watch the nocturne. No specific plans yet, probably fast pace, let me know if anyone wants to tag along.

Happy with 7:30 and the longer ride :grimacing:

Tomorrow ride confirmed, the weather seems to be excellent.

Departure as planned: 7.30am + 5 min grace period
Fast pace to Raddlet.

Target 88km

Please download the map to your garmin if you can.

Here is the link again:

If you are going to be late please inform via message or on here.

See you.

I’m in for the slow-person 08:30 ride tomorrow :slight_smile: . Not sure if we have a leader but I imagine we can make it to Epping or whatever.

Hi Todd,

I said about leading tomorrow for the inclusive ride so see you at 8:30

Cheers

At work now. Feeling tired so I’m not sure I will make it tomorrow as much as how I want to. It depends on how my body feel after work in the morning. IF I’m not there by 7.35 I won’t be coming. Next Sunday hopefully. …

HAVE FUN GUYS AND RIDE SAFE. GOD BLESS

Hi Michael/Todd…
Ill join you on the slower ride at 8.30.

See u tomrw,
Indy