July 2018: Training, Club and Accessible Rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.
We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: www.E20cc.org 1
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club 1

Important notes for Accessible Rides:
2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
Helmet is required
Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org
Important notes for Club Rides:
Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

Extra Ride - Saturday 30.06.18
I can’t ride Sunday so an alternative and EARLY option leaving 07:30 from Greenwich Observatory

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders: @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25kph
Distance: 75km / 1,192m
Setting off: 07:30
Saddle time: 3h 30m
Drop: No…within reason
Route:
View here
Download 77km_1,192m Kent 3 Peaks.gpx (133.0 KB)

Sunday 08.07.18 - @Theqg_QG Farewell Ride

EPIC Ride: London - Cambridge - London
Ride Leaders: @Theqg_QG @Henry @MdeBokx @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25 kmph
Distance: 179km / 1,429m
Saddle Time: 8h (+1hour break in Cambridge for food at ‘Espresso Library’)
Drop: No - but the goal here is really just to complete the distance so everyone will ride at their own pace and their own groups will naturally form. So please ALL download the route, there is also the option to ride to Cambridge and get the train back of course…

London - Cambridge - London.gpx (332.5 KB)

As we are having a longer day in the saddle we should begin that day as early as possible…please comment below to confirm your attendance and what time you would like to leave and we will come to a consensus.

Sunday

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
Drop: Yes
More Info:

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace: xx kmph
Distance: xx km
Saddle Time: xh xxm
Drop: No
More Info:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Saddle Time:
Drop: No
More Info:

MEETING POINT
Victory Park, 50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB (opposite Sainsburys)
Sundays please arrive 08:15 for 08:30 depart (Unless advised otherwise)

British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’
How To Ride In A Group | Ridesmart
British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’ links & articles
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

How to add Yonder to your homepage as a shortcut on your Smartphone

Extra Ride - Saturday 30.06.18
I can’t ride Sunday so an alternative and EARLY option leaving 07:30 from Greenwich Observatory

Club Ride 1:
Ride Leaders: @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25kph
Distance: 75km / 1,192m
Setting off: 07:30
Saddle time: 3h 30m
Drop: No…within reason
Route:
View here
Download 77km_1,192m Kent 3 Peaks.gpx (133.0 KB)

Hi!
I love cycling and have just moved to strats- I only really cycle to commute at the moment but really want to do more. When is your next accessible ride? (And are they hilly?)
Thanks !
Lily

Hi @lilypb - warm welcome to the area! A lot of riders at the club started off as commuters so you’re in good company. The next accessible ride will be on July 8th (2nd and 4th Sunday of each month). We ride up to high beach in Epping Forest which isn’t hilly and once there we can do some hills depending on how everyone is feeling. Hills are a great way to improve so worth giving it a go!

Hi everyone

Suggestion for a club ride below but open to other ideas if people feel this is too long in the heat.

Club Ride 1:
Date: 01.07.2018
Avg. Pace: 26-27kph
Distance: 72km or 92km
Setting off: Usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in Victory Park at 08:30
Saddle time: Around 3-4 hours depending on if we add the extra bit
Drop: No drop - but make sure you are comfortable with the pace and distance above
Route: Epping - Rye Hill - Moreton - Matching Green - Home

This is a pretty flat route out the normal way and then straight up and out other side of Epping. Then after skirting the side of Harlow it drops into proper country lanes up to Moreton where we can stop to refill water bottles. At this point depending on how the group feels we can either head back towards town (making it a 72km-ish route) or push on to Matching Green (around 92km for total route) before looping back through North Weald and back onto the Epping High Road drag back into e20.

Meet at 08.20 for a 08.30 departure

As ever make sure your tyres pumped & bring spare tubes, a pump etc and try to download the route to a GPS. Don’t forget to bring enough food and water for the heat and distance, we can refill bottles at Moreton. And remember the words of Baz Luhrmann and wear :sunny::sunny::sunny: sunscreen! :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Sounds good see you there

I might join for a bit as I have limited time

Thanks for today’s ride !t really nice.

Awesome ride I think everyone appreciated the opportunity to follow your wheel.

Okay that sounds great, thank you so much see you next week! X

My pleasure !

Great ride this morning. 96km and easily smashed the target pace despite the heat (mainly thanks to @Theqg_QG!)

Leading a steady 22km/h ride from E20 down to Richmond Park for a full tour of the Park on Sunday 8th (roughly 55km). Some people have mentioned they’ll be getting the Overground back from Richmond to Hackney Wick so it’s an optional (extra 25km) ride back to E20. All welcome to join :slight_smile: 0800 departure.

Sunday 08.07.18 - @Theqg_QG Farewell Ride

EPIC Ride: London - Cambridge - London
Ride Leaders: @Theqg_QG @Henry @MdeBokx @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 25 kmph
Distance: 179km / 1,429m
Saddle Time: 8h (+1hour break in Cambridge for food at ‘Espresso Library’)
Drop: No - but the goal here is really just to complete the distance so everyone will ride at their own pace and their own groups will naturally form. So please ALL download the route, there is also the option to ride to Cambridge and get the train back of course…

London - Cambridge - London.gpx (332.5 KB)

As we are having a longer day in the saddle we should begin that day as early as possible…please comment below to confirm your attendance and what time you would like to leave and we will come to a consensus.

Guys I am really in awe ! I am looking forward for the ride. We might want to leave at 7:30 the latest and allow to form 2 groups in case people want to go at different pace.

Coffees are on me to all the riders that manage to reach Cambridge on two wheels.

/G.

YES TO 07:30 :+1:t3:

Looking forward to it :smile:!

ACCESSIBLE/ INTRODUCTORY RIDE

Ride Leader: @Shaun
Date: 08.07.2018
Departure: Meet at the usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in the Olympic Village. Please aim to be there for around 8:15am and we’ll run through names, route and rules etc. aiming to leave just after 8.30am.
Avg. Pace: Around 22-23kph
Distance: 40-50km
Ride Time: 2- 3 hours including a stop at High Beach
Drop: No.

Important note on Accessible Ride:

• Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member Want to join E20 Cycling Club?

Hoping to join this. Was planning a ride today but it’s way too hot and maybe early doors tomorrow will be nicer.

Up for the accessible.