July 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

@E20_Cycle_Club

New thread for July We need ride leaders for Sundays.

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: E20 Cycle Club

We also have a closed group here: E20CC Members Group < reply to request access.

Road Ridesevenings, weekends and ad-hoc longer rides.
Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Road Rides

Sun 3rd 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: @jools

Sun 10th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Sun 17th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: @Theqg_QG

Sun 24th 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders: accessible: @Sjh medium: @jools

Sun 31st 8.30am - Epping/hills | Ride leaders:

Meeting points:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Inclusive leisure rides

From time to time E20cc will announce ad-hoc leisure rides However we recommend looking at local borough groups:
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY www.hackney.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?

Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

June 2016 - Training + Leisure rides

I’m happy to lead Epping 0830 ride this Sunday, 3 July

Anyone want to co-lead or assist?
Cheers
Jools

Saturday early ride.
Is anyone interested in a short ride to Epping tomorrow morning ?

Departure : 7.30am, back by 9am

Route: Epping = a few hills + a few sprints

Only if it does not rain.

/G.

Have man flu at mo but if I make it I will happily assist you jools

@jools still carrying injury but seems to be improving. Happy to co-lead/assist.

Sorry couldn’t make this morning @Theqg_QG, would have liked to. I’m in for tomorrow morn :thumbsup:

Any fast rides tomorrow morning?

Freak monsoons (like the one that just appeared out of nowhere) notwithstanding, I’ll be joining tomorrow.

See you in the morning.

@Pablo_Smith … Don’t worry , we will do other rides.

Can’t make tomorrow anymore, heading to Wimbledon!

Have a good one guys.

Hope to make the 8:30 tomorrow :slight_smile:

Anyone aching for a difficult and fast ride can join on my ride if they want. I’m going to ride to Waterloo and catch the train out to meet my brother in Epsom and from there I’m going to do this loop: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/12872248 It’s about 70 miles with 4000ft of elevation gain - but that’s a little deceptive as it is flat for the first 30 miles and has 2 most difficult climbs in the South-East (20% gradient for 4-5 mins). My plan was to get to Epsom for midday (and have a sandwich on the train) - so I’d probably leave E20 around 10:30…

Let me know if you want to join.

Home now, will update in a bit.

Nice one, sorry to take you down!

@Henry @Ed_Cross
Let me know on here where you are. heading Waltham abbey then high beech now

Was totally my fault, I’m not even sure how it happened. I wasn’t half-wheeling but somehow misjudged the pace and ended up on top of you and just clipped your wheel. It was odd because I’m not aware that either of us changed pace, but there we go, my bad.

My wrist is a bit sore when I move/twist it in certain ways but it’s not swollen and not too bad overall so I’m sure it’ll pass.

get some frozen peas on it. 15 mins every three hours

Nice uneventful Sunday ride! Thanks @Sjh for speedy tire repair (and avoiding the graceful dismount). Til next time!

Well! What a morning!
Could everyone confirm they got home ok
@Michael_James Not sure Laura is on here. If you have her email could you check?
Thanks
Jools

@jools went back to the start, couldn’t find ed, made my way to High Beech but you were probably doing the hill loop. I headed back and bumped into Stu, Ed and Ian so tagged along. Got some good climbing in when looking for ed + High Beech so all good! Hope you guys got back well and thanks for leading!