January 2018: Training, Club & Accessible Rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides
(held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.)
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: www.E20cc.org
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once £10 fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (no one left behind)
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

Sunday 07.01.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
Avg. Pace: xx kmph
Distance: xx km
Saddle Time: xh xxm
Drop: Yes
More Info:

Club Ride:
Ride Leaders: Chris @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 27kmph
Distance: 110km
Saddle Time: 4h 45m
Drop: No
More Info:
Early opportunity to tick off the January Gran Fondo with a 110km loop on familiar roads inc. Blackmore Tea Rooms at 60km.

Sunday 14.01.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Club Ride
NB - Meet point Royal Observatory, Greenwich Park @ 09:00
(Blackheath Ave, London, SE10 8XJ)

Ride Leaders: Chris ( @SeaAyeRobson )
Avg. Pace: 25 kmph
Distance: 65 km/850m elevation
Saddle Time: 2h 45m
More Info:

Now that I am no longer an E20 resident I am embracing the terrain South of the River this weekend and offering a short, sharp hunt for hills out towards the Kent border. Scoping out new lanes and routes is always fun so come get involved! - We will meet at The Royal Observatory 09:00 for a 09:15 departure.

Easy ride from E20 to SE10 or bikes can be taken on the DLR
*Stratford - Canary Wharf / Canary Wharf - Greenwich

Please do let me know ahead of time if you would like to get involved and drop me a message if you have any questions. Cheers :v:t3:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Sunday 21.01.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Club Ride

NB - Meet point Royal Observatory, Greenwich Park @ 08:00

Ride Leaders: Chris (@SeaAyeRobson)
More Info:

It was enjoyed so much last week I’ve decided to run it again for those who couldn’t make it and anyone else who fancies trying some new lanes. Embracing the terrain South of the River once more this is a short, sharp hunt for hills out towards the Kent border. Having ridden it last week we now know there are some great climbs and descents and with this ‘proper’ start time a perfect winter route in distance, time and training aspects. - We will meet at The Royal Observatory 08:00 for a 08:30 departure.

Route can be viewed here
Downloaded here: E20CC Club Ride 21.01.18.gpx (116.0 KB)
Strava event is here

• Stratford - Canary Wharf / Canary Wharf - Greenwich

Please do let me know ahead of time if you would like to get involved and drop me a message if you have any questions. Cheers :v:t3:

Sunday 28.01.18

Training Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info: This is a no drop accessible ride, so please let me know if you have any concerns with speed, distance or other issues so I can adjust accordingly. If anyone has any medical issues that can affect their riding, please let me know before we set off :slight_smile:

Route:
We will make our way up to high beach where we will take a break at the Acorn hut. We can then do some hill loops if people are up for it.

Please do let me know if you plan on coming, and if you have any questions, just ask below!

Club Ride:
Ride Leaders:
More Info:

Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry
Avg. Pace: 21 kmph
Distance: 40-50 km
Saddle Time: 2-3hrs
More Info:

MEETING POINT

Victory Park, 50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB (opposite Sainsburys)
Sundays please arrive 08:15 for 08:30 depart (Unless advised otherwise)

###British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’

###British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’ links & articles
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

###How to add Yonder to your homepage as a shortcut on your Smartphone
(https://yonder.e20.org/t/getting-started-with-yonder/1460/4)

Clearing my schedule for the 7th and the 14th. Don’t really care if I get dropped dudes. Don’t want to be coddled.

Sunday 07.01.18

Club Ride:
Ride Leaders: Chris @SeaAyeRobson
Avg. Pace: 27kmph
Distance: 110km
Saddle Time: 4h 45m
More Info:
Early opportunity to tick off the January Gran Fondo with a 110km loop on familiar roads inc. Blackmore Tea Rooms at 60km.

Hey E20,
I’m moving to East Village this coming Monday (8th). Would be great to meet up for a ride/social with you sometime.

Hi @Richard_Mitchell, awesome, welcome to the East Village!

We run introduction rides on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month, so feel free to drop into one of those. Once introduced you can then decide if you want to join E20CC.

Cheers!

Hi @Henry,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I make those the 14th and 28th then? Excellent, I’ll do my best to drop by!

Cheers!

Yep! In the top post they’re marked as Accessible Rides.

I may join in … depending on the weather.

Forecast is cold but clear @Theqg_QG

Thanks mate ! Very much in for tomorrow. So, I see you at 8am

I’ll be along for this as well… See you in the morning.

I’ll be out tomorrow but not on the club ride, I’ll be seen at High beech, Epping, ivy chimneys, Theydon Bois etc. Let me know if you’d like to join…

Do we leave at 8am or 8:30am ?

Looks good, I’m in. 8.15 for an 8.30 start is the usual theqg - if I’m wrong I’ll be chasing!

Was hoping to join today, but can’t get awaydue to childcare for my little ones… safe ride all.

Sunday 14.01.18

Club Ride
NB - Meet point Royal Observatory, Greenwich Park @ 09:00

Ride Leaders: Chris ( @SeaAyeRobson )
More Info:

Now that I am no longer an E20 resident I am embracing the terrain South of the River this weekend and offering a short, sharp hunt for hills out towards the Kent border. Scoping out new lanes and routes is always fun so come get involved! - We will meet at The Royal Observatory 09:00 for a 09:15 departure.

• Stratford - Canary Wharf / Canary Wharf - Greenwich

Hoping to join the accessible on Sunday…

E20 is expanding! I’ll see you at 9. DLR for me!

Sunday 14.01.18

Accessible Ride
Normal meeting point, accross from Sainsburies.

Ride Leaders: Marinthe ( @MdeBokx )
Avg. Pace: 21 kmph
Distance: 50 km
Saddle Time: 2 - 3h
More Info: New year! Old route :wink:

Our first accessible ride of 2018! We will meet at the ussual spot and set off around 8:30am.
Please bring snacks, water and any money if you want to buy a coffee or tea at the acorn hut (cash only.)
Even though the weather seems to be looking up it is still cold! So dress appropriately.
If you plan on joining us please post a message and let me know :smile:

This is a no drop accessible ride, so please let me know if you have any concerns with speed, distance or other issues so that I can make sure everyone is having a good time! Please also make sure you are comfortable riding in a group and understand the hand signals. (I will explain these before we set off).

Route:
We will make our way up to high beach where we will take a break at the Acorn hut. We will then decide whether we want to do some hill loops or go for a little longer loop.

This will be my first time going out with you, am I ok to join the accessible ride?