I'm really fed up with people parking on the pavement

I think these guys are doing work for EV. Should know better.

@jools and others, here’s my email exchange:

----- Forwarded message -----
To: Triathlon Information info@triathlonhomes.com
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 15:06:58 GMT+1
Subject: Re: RE: RE: people parking on the pavement
Any news on this, dear Enitan? Thanks! Falco

On Monday, 23 April 2018, 11:40:21 GMT+1, Triathlon Information info@triathlonhomes.com wrote:
Dear Falco
Thank you for this.
I have forwarded the pictures to team East Village, once I get a response you will be updated.
Kind Regards
Enitan Davies | Front of House | Triathlon Homes
80 Celebration Avenue, London, E20 1DB
Direct Dial: 020 8522 5877 | Switchboard: 0300 303 7333 | Fax: 020 8522 2002
triathlonhomes.com

cid:image007.jpg@01D10C19.40C9AE90

Sent: 23 April 2018 11:35
To: Triathlon Information
Subject: Re: RE: people parking on the pavement
Thanks, Enitan.
I have attached a pdf printout of the forum topic for you, with photos.
Best,
Falco

On Monday, 23 April 2018, 09:32:07 GMT+1, Triathlon Information info@triathlonhomes.com wrote:
Dear Falco
Thank you for your email.
I have spoken to Team East Village who deal with parking and they have asked if you can provide some pictures.
The link you have provided us with does not allow for us to see pictures.
Kind Regards
80 Celebration Avenue, London, E20 1DB
Direct Dial: 020 8522 5877 | Switchboard: 0300 303 7333 | Fax: 020 8522 2002
triathlonhomes.com
cid:image007.jpg@01D10C19.40C9AE90

Sent: 20 April 2018 18:31
To: Triathlon Information; Get Living London
Cc: Roser Pujadas
Subject: people parking on the pavement
Dear GLL & Triathlon,
As you can see from the many photos and the lively forum discussion here, people around E20 are worried about cans and vans parking/loading on the pavement. Could you please clarify whether or not parking/loading is OK on the pavement? We hope it isn’t. Please let me know, so that I can inform people using the forum.
Thanks,
Best wishes,
Falco

Here is today’s update:

On Thursday, 14 June 2018, 09:08:00 GMT+1, Triathlon Information info@triathlonhomes.com wrote:
Dear Falco
Please see the below response from Team East Village
‘‘ We have instructed Gemini to ticket any vehicle which is parked on the pavement. However out of hours a mobile patrol takes place and where applicable tickets will be issued. Unfortunately if these incidents happen out of hours we would be unable to send a operative immediately.’’
Kind Regards

Don’t mind me. Just driving along the pavement. Wouldn’t want to get in the way of other drivers, eh?

Yes, that’s the pavement I’m driving along. What of it? Just get out of my f’in way

Jonathan Rothwell of Newham Cyclists is taking part in a cycling/walking audit with LLDC soon - he posted on one of the East Village face book groups but I can’t link! - and I let him know about all this.

He suggested they can look at the Honour Lea Avenue pavement driving in particular for design solutions

It’s funny that you need to design solutions to stop people driving on a pavement. I think the solution is that drivers should stop being selfish.

This is a typical Sunday evening

Rang the security, couldn’t/woudln’t do anything about it

Yeah, I saw that coming home last night and figured they thought “lets just all do it!”
It is a council road but not sure if council inspectors were working at that time.

That’s crazy! If it’s a regular Sunday thing it may be worth sending through to Newham Council, copying local councillor and LLDC. They do ticket at all times

Number of people might leave them running scared, but LLDC should take an interest

Actually, with the international hockey on at the moment, and that being a main walking route to the venue, they may be more willing to take some action

I contacted LLDC (customerservices@londonlegacy.co.uk) before for other issues in this area, got a reply with a map showing the area doesn’t belong to LLDC so not under their jurisdiction.

east village security is definately not helpful, I called them a dozen times for various issues in the same area, their responses are always either “busy with other issues at the other side of the park” or “talked to them, they don’t listen, nothing we can do”

next time I will try council parking enforcement

Wow, that is crazy. I’m happy to email a Councillor about this as needs to be sorted.

It’s spread to Chobham Manor now!

@jkei, yes you’re right; that area is not LLDC but is GLL (as is the Waterglades).

The photo below is not LLDC either but Chobham Manor LLP. Everything on the East side of the fence is Chobham Manor LLP. West of the fence is LLDC.

Chobham Manor is the developer, tha land of Chobham Manor still belongs to LLDC, they collect expensive estate charge from the lease holders and they should be able to help to sort out issues in the area.

Chobham Manor is the estate/housing development, Taylor Wimpey is the developer.
The management of Chobham Manor is the responsibility of Chobham Manor LLP (a joint venture between Taylor Wimpey and L&Q).

LLDC are very clear that the land opposite the fence is Chobham Manor LLP responsibility (rubbish, security, street lighting, etc). Whilst the land is owned by LLDC and they are the freeholder, the lease contract expressly states that Chobham Manor LLP are responsible.

Sometimes a group of drivers hang out together to block the pavement along a whole street. Must be fun. Wish I was cool enough to hang out with them

a gorup of idiots parked their cars on the pavement and banging loud music from 9pm

eventually the EV security and police intervened and drove them away