I'm really fed up with people parking on the pavement

Excatly, @modboy There is almost always a parking space available but people think it’s ok to park on the pavement without paying - and that they would get a ticket elsewhere but not on the pavement. I’m sure that’s the reason. How silly.

By the way…

jOn Scarlet Close I spoke to a driver blocking the pavement entirely. He told me the Gemini attendant ha s actually told him to park there as if he stayed on the road, he’d have to give a ticket, but he couldn’t give a ticket to anyone entirely off the road!

The other stupid thing was the driver was picking up a load of stuff from his son’s flat, and the loading bay opposite was entirely empty

Outrageous!

Even those who should know better do it…

About 7pm this evening. Occupants (at least one resident) got threatening and aggressive when I picked them up on their parking. @evml hopefully has cctv. If @TriathlonHomes @Triathlon_Homes or @GetLivingLondon can identify them, are they at risk of losing their home for threatening neighbours?
@Falco Did EVML say they read this or do they need a screen grab sent?
Thanks

@jools I got seriously threatened too - once.
No, Triathlon/GLL/EVML/EVRA don’t read this, I had to provide a pdf printout.
If I were you, I’d definitely contact security, or even better: the police.

@Falco which then, on turn, will do it themselves. See earlier pic of mine.

I think the real issue is a lack of short stay bays for eg. delivery drivers. I see many of these double park, and it tends to happen on my side of the village because there is simply no alternative.

/y

Petition against pavement parking from Living Streets. Apparently Government promised action/investigation two years ago, but still nothing.

Hi Falco
Can you share the contact details of the people you’ve been dealing with?
Think nothing will happen until it’s properly somebody’s issue to deal with
@Falco
Thanks

Parking on the pavement is illegal in London.

I think the complication arises that these streets are private (Scarlet, Logan, Napa, etc) and are patrolled by Gemini and not Newham Council parking inspectors who do fine for pavement parking.

EV permit as well tut tut

Hello

Thank you for sending this through. This has been forwarded to our Team East Village Security and parking teams.

Appreciate you sending through the photograph as well.

Kind regards

Sam

Samantha Richardson MARLA

Head of Relationship Management

Get Living

The contents of this message remain subject to contract and successful referencing where applicable

E: sam.richardson@getlivinglondon.com

T: 020 3701 7977

M: 07809 231 035

5 Celebration Avenue, East Village, London, E20 1DB

www.getliving.com

linkedin_004facebook_004twitter_004instagram_004pinterest_004youtube_004

cid:image006.jpg@01D3B227.B8A9F0D0

Not sure who your Relationship Managers are? Find them
here.

I watched this guy drive along the pavement for 50 metres from Celebration Av. to park on this bit of pavement. This really needs sorting out.

Thanks for replying Sam
Please ensure that the security team are aware that residents have been physically threatened on more than one occasion for trying to address this issue with drivers. I have watched EVML staff ignore this issue in the past, but hope that will change
Thanks
Jools

Parent with pushchair? Wheelchair user? Mobility issues? Don’t give a F*. Get in the road.

@GetLivingLondon @TriathlonHomes @Triathlon_Homes @EastVillageCEO

If you want to sell you’re car in EV, why not park it on the pavement to take the photos? It looks so much better there than on the road!
IMG_3206

Hi @Falco
Any recommendation of who “in power” might respond? Having just been threatened again by a neighbour who frequently drives along the pavement on Honour Lea Avenue, and who actually seems to believe that pavement is theirs to do what they want with, I’d like to see if it isn’t putting their tenancy at risk. I have their address

EV security turned up as well and were absolutely trying their best to not get involved.
Thanks
Jools

Don’t worry, they’ve got the hazards on