HereEast - London's home for making

Sorry to miss you again @julietchen.

Tidy signposting graphics, by the brand masters dn&co (Working collaboratively with digital agency Poke and architects Hawkins\Brown) : http://dnco.com/work/here-east

http://dnco.com/resources/images/project/HE_Pan.mp4

What kind of place do you make out of a 1.2 million sq ft blank canvas in the Olympic Park on the edge of Hackney Wick?

Check the routered type out of the painted particle board… love this:

This was the entry journey, I forgot to take any snaps of the actual community event…

Those stripes and pillars are making me think Hacienda!

Thanks for having us @HereEast - looking forward for this exciting place!! #HomeforMaking

12 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “|Here East, London| #HereEast vision // coming soon // #getlivingldn @london #olympic #legacy //…” 10 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “|Here East, London| #HereEast vision #getlivingldn @london #olympic #legacy // #MadeHere…”

No worry @Lee! We must catch up sometime soon. I’m so looking forward to the opening of @HereEast :smile:

Unfortunately i couldnt make it, any chance i could come to visit here east soon?
Best,
Stefano.

It was great meeting everyone at @HereEast last night, really impressed with the sheer size of the space available and the exciting plans in the pipeline.

I am looking forward to seeing how things develop and can’t wait for the everything to be completed!

Hi @StefanoMiliffi - yes of course! We will have more Open Evenings, and if you have a specific enquiry, please drop us an email to the relevant contact on our website (press, studio space, event space…etc) http://hereeast.com/contact/

Thank you!

Hi Nik! Thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the space and the company :slight_smile: at the Open Evening! We will replicate later on this year and you’ll be able to see the “before and after the cure”…

Hello, A quick update for you.

WAYNE MCGREGOR TO CREATE NEW WORLD-CLASS ARTS SPACE AT HERE EAST

Leading international choreographer Wayne McGregor and his company will open a new world-class arts space in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2016.

Studio Wayne McGregor – to be built within Here East - will be a home for McGregor, his company and collaborators, and a major resource for the arts and for the communities of east London.

Here East is transforming the former Press and Broadcast Centres in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park into a world-class centre of innovation and enterprise, driving the regeneration of east London and stimulating long-term economic growth in the UK. It will bring together academic institutions, start-up businesses, established global companies, investors and social enterprises, together in one space, to promote collaboration and innovation.

As the first cultural organisation to move into the Park, Studio Wayne McGregor will be a trailblazer for the new education and cultural district being developed.

Comprising three extraordinary studios and additional work spaces, Studio Wayne McGregor will host all of McGregor’s creative work alongside artist development and creative learning programmes based on the trading of space, time and skills: through ‘FreeSpace’, artists will be offered access to world-class studios regardless of funding or stage of development.

Yay!! So pleased to hear this

One of the most exciting bits of news when I read it a few weeks ago. Can never have enough dance in my opinion!

The @HereEast theatre is really taking shape.

As a huge fan of Wayne McGregor’s work I am VERY excited to hear this news! Fantastic!

If you’ve not been lately, Here East is really coming along and you can now walk around most of the grounds.
Courtyard between Broadcast and Press buildings:

‘Cafe’ under theatre building:

Riverside area facing Lea Navigation:

First shops/restaurants taking shape:

Approach from river to broadcast centre building:

Great post @Ben — I’m keen to see the retail units come alive, it’s going to be stunning overlooking the canal and Hackney Wick.

PLEXAL: The quirky innovation centre with a ‘high street’ that’s being set up in London’s £150 million tech hub