Fish House E20, now open in East Village 😊

See website for more details www.fishouse.co.uk

Located in the heart of Victoria Park Village and now East Village, Fish House is a contemporary, independent seafood restaurant and traditional takeaway. Serving an ethically sourced, seasonal menu. Our restaurants are perfect for family, friends or a romantic dinner.

Join us! You won’t be disappointed!

East Village 36-39 Victory Parade | London E20 1FS
020 8221 2561 (East Village)

Victoria Park Village 128 Lauriston Road | London E9 7LH
020 8533 3327 (Victoria Park)

info@fishouse.co.uk

Edit: Fish House E20 will now be open 7 days a week from midday to 10 pm

Amazing fish and chips, and I’m from the west coast of Scotland! Will definitely be back, thanks guys!

Planning to pop down later today and try it out!

My family and I have always been a fans of the resturant at Viccy Park village - perfect fit for East Village, long may they reign as best fish & chips in town!!

Massive queues today (in a good way), will try tomorrow instead!

Don’t be put off, queues moving fast — considering it was day one they were smashing it and the quality was really good. I just know it’ll get even better too!

Highly recommend the curry sauce, it’s legendary.

Nipped out during Arsenal vs. Leicester half-term to grab a rock & chips, excellent food. Will have to try out the restaurant proper some time.

Forgot to post the photo!

The rock didn’t look that big until I realised it didn’t have the usual bone down the middle, was just fish all the through so actually a decent size. I’d eaten some chips here too :smiley: .

@fish_house What are your opening times? I noticed you were closed at 21:30 last night (was just walking past) which reminded me to check the website so I know until what time emergency chips can be acquired! But that says 22:00 (which I’m guessing that’s for the original shop).

I’m confused We were still serving customers at 10 pm.

Popped in on Sunday after all the shops were shut. Such a welcome addition to EV! :fish:

Well that was a few days ago so my reference to “last night” is no longer last night" any more, if you see what I mean! Anyway, no worries, it may have just looked dark from the outside. Maybe you should get a big glowing “OPEN” sign for people like me :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely agree that this is the best new arrival in EV. Since Pave, at least :slight_smile: .

NEWHAM RECORDER

“Owners hope community spirit will help Stratford restaurant flourish”

Jo Nylander and Gabs Early at their Fish House restaurant in East Village.

A chef from London who trained in Spain and worked for 10 years in restaurants and hotels has opened a fish restaurant in East Village.

Gabs Early, 52, opened Fish House in the new Stratford residence, serving up seasonal, ethically sourced and contemporary seafood to eat in and take away.

He runs the restaurant with chef and partner Jo Nylander, 52, and says the recipe for a successful fish restaurant is simple – good quality ingredients cooked well.

“The food is fresh, it’s healthy, it’s tasty and something everyone can eat maybe once a week,” he said. “We do it well and we do it cheaply.”

He added the real pleasure from his job comes from seeing satisfied customers.

“We like to see happy faces when people taste something that’s fresh, that’s well cooked and well presented,” he said.

The restaurant is the second Fish House for Gabs and Jo, who opened their first on Lauriston Road in Hackney in 2007.

He hopes that opening in East Village will echo his experience of a strong community spirit where independent businesses have flourished.

“I like the vision of this area,” he said. “Good businesses make a place good to live in. I think any neighbourhood needs a decent fish and chip shop.

“It’s needed in every small town just like a good grocers.

“Families can stop by sometimes to bring their kids when they are too busy to cook.”

Fish House E20 will now be open 7 days a week from midday to 10 pm.

##Fish House Menu
Lobster bisque with bread and butter £ 5.50

Prawn cocktail with chilli, dill and apple £ 6.50

Deep fried calamari with aioli £ 7

Spicy Popcorn Prawns with mango chilli, lime and coriander salsa £ 9.50

Maryland crab cakes with chive and horseradish crème fraiche £ 9.50

Sweet pea, mint and feta fritters with preserved lemon yoghurt £7.50

Baked smoked haddock with mash, poached egg & hollandaise £ 13.25

Moules Mariniers - traditional mussels in white wine sauce with bread & butter £ 7.50 / £ 11.00

Fish House fish pie £ 11

Whole grilled Sea Bream with chilli, ginger, soy, garlic, lemongrass and coriander with rice, Asian greens and toasted sesame seeds £ 14

Salmon and smoked haddock fish cakes with poached egg and hollandaise £ 11

Deep-fried battered Fish & Chips

Cod £ 10.50

Rock, haddock, plaice or scampi £ 11.50

Skate middle or wing £ 14 / £ 11.50

All battered fish is available grilled, please ask your waitress.

Children’s fish & chips
Cod, haddock, scampi or fish cake £ 5.5

Chips £ 2.5

Side salad £ 3.5

Mushy peas £ 2

Bread & butter £ 1.6

Curry sauce £ 1

One or a Trio of pickles: Wally, egg and onion £1 / 2.50

Buttered Samphire £ 4.50

Food Allergies and Intolerances:
Before you order your food and drinks please speak to our staff if want to know about our ingredients

Service is not included; a discretionary 10% service charge will be added to parties of six or more

We are open seven days a week 12pm until 10pm

Fish House
36-39 Victory Parade
East Village
London E20 1FS

T. 0208 221 2561

Hi sir

I would like to bring my son 4 years this Sunday , please let me know where the session will be held as it may be cold .

Regards

Tried the Topsy Turvy for take away tonight and loved it. Grilled cod loin with battered courgette. Delicious.Really flavoursome and cooked perfectly.