East Village Knit and Natter Group

Knit and natter is on next week -

Tuesday 2nd August , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village.@Signorelli

Everyone welcome, beginners to experienced. All helping each other, sharing ideas & learning new skills.

We will be starting to knit a squares to make a East Village Blanket to send to charities - e.g Age UK, KnitAid ( for the refugees)

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start. Knitting a square is a great way to start :smile:

@Signorelli make us very welcome with lovely cakes, coffee, tea and Prossecco to buy.

look forward to seeing you there

I can make it this month!!! Super excited to see everyone. :grinning:

I keep missing these! Will look out for the next one.

Cancelled

Knit and natter is cancelled next week 6th September

We will be back on 4th October - look forward to seeing you all then.

Keep knitting the squares for the blanket for charities supporting refugees.
Hope to get a FB group up and running this month and post more details of patterns for squares. Will keep you all updated.

We now have a Facebook page with more info about the group and links to knitting groups/top tips etc https://www.facebook.com/groups/169274766848610/

Post this on my group please. Unless you have already and I’ve missed it.

Tuesday 4th October , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village.@Signorelli

Everyone welcome, beginners to experienced. All helping each other, sharing ideas & learning new skills.

We are knitting squares to make a East Village Blanket to send to charities - e.g Age UK, KnitAid ( for the refugees)

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start. Knitting a square is a great way to start :slight_smile:

@Signorelli make us very welcome with lovely cakes, coffee, tea and Prossecco to buy.

Tuesday 1st November , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village. @Signorelli

We are knitting squares to make a East Village Blanket to send to charities - e.g Age UK, KnitAid ( for the refugees)

We’re also excited to share that we have been successful in getting some funding to provide further opportunities to the community to get knitting whilst supporting local charities

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start. Knitting a square is a great way to start :slight_smile:

Trudi

I can make it this month :slight_smile: looking forward to seeing how everyone is
getting on.

I aslo have two squares for the blanket.

Justine

Tuesday 6th December , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village. @Signorelli

This week we hope to finish the blankets to send off to refugees in Greece - http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d2a82622bb51de12dba5cb4aa&id=a28e4b03cb&e=61f9e1b5ab

Our next project is to start knitting " Twiddle cuffs" for Whipps Cross Hospital Dementia patients. Pattern availble on the night.

So this is our last meeting of 2016 - looking forward to exciting new projects for 2017 with the funding we have received.

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start.

look forward to seeing you there :blush:

Happy New Year everyone.
I’ve just realised that Signorelli’s will not be open until 7th January so we will be unable to meet on Tuesday 3rd January.
I will contact them and arrange another date as soon as I get back from my holidays.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon

Oh no!!! Was looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing about your
Christmas and New Year adventures.
Trudi - hope you are having a lovely holiday.
Justine

Knit and natter is on tomorrow night

Tuesday 10th January , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village. @Signorelli

Looking for a new hobby in the New Year?

Still working on the " Twiddle cuffs" for Whipps Cross Hospital Dementia patients

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start.

@signorelli make us very welcome with lovely cakes, coffee, tea and Prossecco to buy.

look forward to seeing you there :blush:

Knit and Natter dates for February:

Tuesday 7th February , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village. @Signorelli

and Thursday 16th February, 7pm to 9pm at Hand Cafe, 10 to 11 Victory Parade, East Village. @Handcafe

Looking for a new hobby in the New Year?

Still working on the " Twiddle cuffs" for Whipps Cross Hospital Dementia patients

@Signorelli and @Handcafe make us very welcome, with refreshments available to buy on the night too

look forward to seeing you there :smile:

Knit and Natter March 2017:

Tuesday 7th March , 7pm to 9pm at Signorelli’s, 7 Victory Parade, East Village. @Signorelli
Everyone welcome, beginners to experienced.

Please bring along any “Twiddle cuffs” you have knitted and we can finish these off to send off to Whipps Cross Hospital Dementia patients.

If you want to learn how to knit please come long, always have spare needles and wool to show you how to start, or if you just want to meet up with other fellow knitters and for a natter please come along.

@Signorelli make us very welcome, with refreshments available to buy on the night too

We look forward to seeing you there :blush:

Hi, will you have another session this month?

Hi Gabrielle
Sadly not - we are just running one session a month at Signorelli as there wasn’t enough interest for a second meeting.
Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 4th April.
Hope you can make it.
Trudi

Thank you for getting back to me. I am a committee member for the knitting society at my university in Sheffield so was excited to find out about your group. I am from Bethnal Green so when I’m back from university next I’ll be happy to join you all :slight_smile: It would be difficult for me to fit all of my wool in a bag to come back with though so I was wondering if you provide some at the sessions?

I was also hoping that you and other members of the group would be able to complete a survey for me that I have produced for my dissertation research at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/oWqN2IolHWcqjR3g1

Thanks, Gabrielle

Hi Gabrielle
Apologies for not getting back sooner.
The knitting society sounds interesting at the Uni.
I will pass on link to group for your dissertation - i hope i haven’t left it too late.
Yes we do have spare wool and needles at sessions - so yes please do come along, it would be lovely to meet you.
We also have a Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/169274766848610/
Trudi