East Village Community Activities, Events and more

Calling all Monsters…ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO!!!

We’ve got something scary planned just for you :smile:

Get SPOOKED at this inclusive event at East Village! Pick up a map and bucket for a spine-tingling tour where you will find ghastly surprises…for your delight!

Come along and experience a Spook-Taular time at East Village for FREE :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

This date is wrong?

Thanks Lisa

What a great eye you have :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Get Living London has now announced ‘Theatre of Light’, the autumn event in Victory Park for East Village residents and the local community.

This will be a spectacular evening of theatrical music, dance and lights including a ‘Walk of Light’ and an immersive light show!

Full details, including conditions of entry to the event, are available at www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk

This event is FREE.

*(Please note, as with all other events at East Village, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an appropriate adult over the age of 18).

All welcome!

No fireworks this year? Shame, they were excellent in the past. Lights just aren’t the same without the bang :frowning: .

As a totally blind GLL tenant, I enjoyed the fireworks but will be giving this a swerve! Shame.

Best wishes,

Mike Higgins,
CMCIPD
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/staff/az-staff

New at Village Vanguard - from Wednesday 8th November 2017

Dear East Village Community :grin:

To celebrate this new event with us, we have "Happy Hour"on selected drinks from 8 to 9pm.

Book your table to avoid disappointment.

Book your table now -

T - 0208 5361439

E - info@villagevanguarde20.com

Hi @Mimosa_Mike - Hope you are well and really happy that you are using Yonder as an accessible website that is compatible with your software. We always encourage people posting to use text to accompany image to describe what they are posting for everyone’s benefit. ( Edit: For visually impaired user benefit )

Re. Theatre of Light Event: I completely understand everyone’s frustration about not having a Fireworks show this year, as @ToddYatesUK says it’s a shame, my family and I have enjoyed most years. That being said, I think it would be easy for Get Living London to not do anything at all. From what I can gather, the promo flyers, posters and website info describes an event that it set to be something really quite dynamic and unique.
The image on the flyer is well designed and shows a tribe of drummers clad in LED lights, but more curiously, promises that following a performance by the LED entertainers “an incredible immersive, light and music show will begin.” — couple that with lots of food and drink, what’s not to like? I reckon it’ll be well worth attending as a sensory experience for all.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts from my perspective, hope to catch you there Mike and hope you and family are well. Cheers!

Hi Lee,

I don’t really have a photo to use. Still, whilst I may not be the ‘only blind man in the village’, I am guessing there aren’t many of us about!-) Anyway, as I say, I think this light show thing will pass me by so I’ll go to a display I can enjoy somewhere else instead I think this year.

Best wishes,

Mike Higgins,
CMCIPD
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/staff/az-staff

Hi Mike, sorry I was meaning other people/organisations posting topics with just an image, without proper text explaining their topic for visually impaired users. Not expecting you to use images or anything.

All best wishes

Lee

Calling All Monsters…ONLY 2 DAYS TO GO!!!

We’ve got something scary planned just for you :wink:

Get SPOOKED at this inclusive event at East Village! Pick up a map and bucket for a spine-tingling tour where you will find ghastly surprises…for your delight!

Come along and experience a Spook-Taular time at East Village for FREE :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

Newham Word Festival

Mon 6 - Sun 19 November

Venues across Newham

Discover have been commissioned to programme and produce the first Newham Word Festival: more than 150 events over two weeks across Newham.

With events for families and adults, and everything from:

• Authors and illustrators

• Hip hop

• Book making

• Calligraphy

• Theatre

There’s something for everyone, of all ages, right across the borough.

Most events are free.

To view the full programme and book tickets please visit the website

WHAT’S ON AT VILLAGE VANGUARD

Dear East Village Community

This is your november’s program at Village Vanguard.

Looking forward to welcoming you back here soon!

TAKE AWAY OR ROOM SERVICE

Why queueing at Sainsbury’s or cooking at home, when you can enjoy TV and relax on your sofa with your favourite burger or kebab!?

If you are in a rush, you should order it, pick it up and enjoy it at home!!!

If it is too cold for you, click away and we deliver it to you*

Village Vanguard App is here for you.

Village Vanguard App available on Apple App store or Google Play.

See you soon at Village Vanguard.

(*) resident E20 only.

FREE entry, FREE attractions!!!

Support Chobham Academy pupils raise money for their school.

EAST VILLAGE PLAYGROUP

Playgroup will be open as normal during half term

Mondays 9.30-11.30am

Timberlodge Café

1A Honour Lea Avenue

E20 1DY

If anyone would like to help with setting out the toys in the morning, please be at Timberlodge at 9.15am

FEBRUARY AT THE PARK :smiley::smiley::smiley:

All month, we’re celebrating #2012days since the London 2012 Games! - and we’d love to hear about yours too. Share your stories, photos and videos with the hashtag #2012days!

This month, we can also help you celebrate the nine days of freedom during February Half Term! Come and unlock the mysteries of the Park in the children’s adventure trail, make a splash inside the Pool of Champions, or meet with PAW Patrol’s pups - Chase and Marshall, as seen on Nick Jr., as they make a two day appearance at theArcelorMittal Orbit. With so much more on offer, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.

The Box That Rocks is ready for more action too! TheLondon Lions are gearing up for two home matches this month - on 9 and 25 February, meanwhile cheerleaders from all around the nation will compete in the Legacy Cheer and Dance event on 17 and 18 February before the world’s greatest table tennis players compete in the ITTF Team World Cup from 22 - 25 February.

Don’t forget, entry to the Park is free all year-round! So, come and take it easy with a relaxing stroll through hundreds of acres of Parklands, grab a bite to eat in one of east London’s finest cafes, or unleash your energy and play all day on the Park!

Half Term Authors, Illustrators and Events at Discover

Mon 12 - Sun 18 Feb

*The Jasmine Sneeze*
Nadine Kaadan
Mon 12 Feb, 2pm
Ages 4+

Join Nadine Kaadan, award-winning Syrian illustrator and author, in a story and art workshop that sheds a welcome light onto Syria’s long and proud cultural heritage.

The Last Chip book jacket
Duncan Beedie
Tues 13 Feb, 11am
Ages 3+

Join author and illustrator Duncan Beedie and his pal Percy the pigeon as they go on the hunt for something yummy to eat.

Dotty Detectives
Clara Vulliamy
Thurs 15 Feb, 2pm
Ages 5+

No mystery goes unsolved in the Dotty Detectives series! Join Clara Vulliamy to find out more about Dotty, her best friend Beans and top dog McClusky.

Spyder book jacket
Matt Carr
Fri 16 Feb, 2pm
Ages 3+

It’s not easy being a super special secret agent when you’re only as big as a pin badge. But when a birthday cake is under threat, Spyder is called upon. Will Spyder save the day, AND the party?

The Weaver book jacket
Qian Shi
Sun 18 Feb, 11.30am
Ages 4+

Celebrate Chinese New Year with the whole family at this magical morning of stories, crafts and activities. Qian will be reading aloud and bringing to life The Weaver.
The Gruffalo’s Child
**The Gruffalo’s Child Film Screening **
Mon 12 - Fri 16 Feb

Enjoy this snowy, wintery film based on the picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler and produced by Magic Light Pictures.