###E20 to Blackmore Club Ride
#Clocks go back tonight!
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 17mph (27-28kph)
Profile: Rolling, flat
Saddle Time (est.): 3-4 hrs
Hi — I’ll be offering a ride out to Blackmore tomorrow 29th October. Club Ride so please all have the route and be prepared to match the pace of the group and take your turn on the front. We will endeavour to ride together throughout but you should be capable of getting yourself home should you be permanently dropped. Some will head further than Blackmore (Im undecided) so you should definitely download the route file below.
We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 17mph (27kph).
- Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
- Set correct saddle height and consider postion
- Understand the distance and elevation
- Eat and drink while on the road (bar/gel every c.20k does the trick for me)
- Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
- Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
- Have breakfast!
Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.
Epping to Blackmore with a loop (2).gpx (156.6 KB)