E20CC November Club, training & Accessible rides

Sunday Ride 12th November

90 - 100km (depending route back)
Route: Following the accessible riders to high beach then going to head out to Blackmore the same as this ride : https://www.strava.com/activities/1247876796 We will not be heading back to e20 the same route as this since it wasn’t very pleasant.
Depart: 8:30am (setting off with the accessible ride to High beach)
Avg target pace: 27 - 28kph
Coffee Stop: Yes, Blackmore tea room does not accept card if the purchase is under £5 so remember to bring some cash for coffee / cakes.
Drop: No

Please remember to wear suitable kit as the weather has dropped a lot over the past few days, and also please remember to bring puncture repair kits (spare tubes and a way to inflate them) since it has been raining today the muck will wash onto the roads increasing the chances… :frowning:

Hi all, I plan to join the accessible ride tomorrow :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Duane

I’ll be coming along tomorrow, probably for the longer ride
Cheers,
Tom

Sorry, looks like I won’t make it now!

V.sorry but an emergency has come up so I won’t be attending the accessible ride this morning. Please don’t wait for me and apologies for the late notice.

Good job on coming along and braving the cold @A_my, and thank you to the others for letting me know you wouldn’t be making it, always helps to know who’s turning up.

Nice little run this morning and a wonderful hot bath when I got back :smiley:

I’ll be out for an ivy chimneys/ Theydon Bois casual ride tomorrow, if anyone wants to join me let me know here and I’ll swing by the usual meeting point at the usual time.

I’m keen for a decent ride tomorrow - pace/distance?

It’s 50k give or take, lll do it in 2 hours, nice and leisurely

Accessible Ride: Sunday 26th November
Ride Leader @SeaAyeRobson (Chris)

Departure: 8:30am (let’s aim to meet 08:00 - 08:15)
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi — I’ll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back, with the option of doing two hill climbs (Lippits and Mott street for the feeling good in the legs!). This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.

Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself, improve your roadcraft and fitness in a safe and controlled environment.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

This is a ‘no drop’ ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
  • Set correct saddle height and consider position
  • Understand the distance
  • Take water and snacks during the ride
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
  • Have breakfast!

Please reply to this topic if you plan to attend - Thanks!!

I’m in

Sounds good to me