Accessible Ride: Sunday 26th November
Ride Leader @SeaAyeRobson (Chris)
Departure: 8:30am (let's aim to meet 08:00 - 08:15)
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)
Hi — I'll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back, with the option of doing two hill climbs (Lippits and Mott street for the feeling good in the legs!). This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.
Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself, improve your roadcraft and fitness in a safe and controlled environment.
We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.
This is a 'no drop' ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.
- Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
- Set correct saddle height and consider position
- Understand the distance
- Take water and snacks during the ride
- Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
- Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
- No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
- Have breakfast!
Please reply to this topic if you plan to attend - Thanks!!