E20CC November Club, training & Accessible rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised. Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

###Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, make sure you RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (no one left behind)
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

###DATES FOR ALL RIDES & EVENTS

#Sun 5th
Club ride 1:
Ride leaders: @David
Avg. Pace:
Distance:
Drop:

#Sun 12th
Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @Henry

Club ride 1:

Ride leaders: @MdeBokx
Avg. Pace: 27-28kph
Drop: No

#Sun 19th
Club ride 1:
Ride leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Drop: Yes/No

#Sun 26th
Accessible Ride:
Ride Leaders: @SeaAyeRobson (Chris)

Departure: 8:30am (let’s aim to meet 08:00 - 08:15)
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi — I’ll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back, with the option of doing two hill climbs (Lippits and Mott street for the feeling good in the legs!). This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.

Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself, improve your roadcraft and fitness in a safe and controlled environment.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

This is a ‘no drop’ ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
  • Set correct saddle height and consider position
  • Understand the distance
  • Take water and snacks during the ride
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
  • Have breakfast!

Club ride 1:
Ride leaders:
Avg. Pace:
Drop: Yes/No

###MEETING POINT
Victory Park, 50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB (opposite Sainsburys)
Sundays please arrive 08:15 for 08:30 depart (Unless advised otherwise)

###British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’

###British Cycling ‘How to ride in a group’ links & articles
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

###How to add Yonder to your homepage as a shortcut on your Smartphone
(https://yonder.e20.org/t/getting-started-with-yonder/1460/4)

Hi All - as you know, I’m away for the next two weeks but will jump back in and set a ride for third week. Happy riding :v:t3:

Hi guys, I’ll be offering a fast pace ride this Sunday. More details to follow…

A general reminder to everyone taking part in mid and fast rides - with the seasons changing and the bad weather coming in, everyone should look to be using sensible winter tyres, which are designed to grip in damp/cold conditions, and prevent punctures.

If everyone rides wide tyres at lower pressures (80-90 - ish psi instead of 90-120), with compounds that are designed to grip in the wet, we will avoid some unnecessary crashes on damp and grimy corners - and in doing so we’ll prevent some unnecessary injuries to yourself and the riders around you.

In addition to grippy tyres, those with reasonable puncture protection will reduce the amount of time everyone needs to spend standing around getting cold while waiting for tyre changes.

Suggestions include:

• Continental 4seasons
  • Schwalbe Duranos
  • Michelin pro4 endurances
  • Panaracer Gravel Kings
  • Challenge Strada Biancas

You want to avoid anything that is too ‘bombproof’ like Schwalbe marathons as you will be giving up wet weather grip for the extra puncture protection. Also, double check your frame clearance before running out and buying a set of 28c tyres that might not fit on your bike.

Family permitting I will be riding out to Epping returning via Ivy chimneys and Theydon Bois, 50k give or take, about 2 hours, I’m a bit slower than the club ride so about 24-25kph. If anyone fancies joining me just drop a note here.

I’m not quick enough for a fast ride but definitely keen on 50k round Epping if that’s on. Assume 8.30 depart?

Hi @David_Wilson1, I’m ill so won’t be riding at all tomorrow, but @Sjh may very well be riding. Hopefully he’ll confirm on here if and when!

Cheers

Hello everyone, is there much interest for tomorrows mid-pace ride? I know that a majority of people are away/ill.

I think a ride out to high beach will be more suitable and then we can split from there.

Regards to all

I’d like another try at coming for a ride, after my Frank Spencer style fail last week :wink:
I’m up for whatever pace is going

Happy to meet up with anyone for the Epping ride tomorrow at 8:30, usual starting point.

Hi I’m up for faster 28 to 30kph ride tomorrow, will be at usual meeting point from 8:15, not too bothered by the route, but aiming for 80 to 100km distance.
PS passed my accreditation at the Velodrome today, so looking forward to a winter of training mid- week indoors.

Slow and steady does it…

I will be leading the Accessible Ride this Sunday 12th. More details to follow in the week. Please RSVP if you plan on coming along :+1:

Hey everyone, forgot to say how great the ride was on Sunday, kudos to all!

I’m planning on being there. Hopefully a bit faster than last time!

Hi all - I’d like to join the accessible ride this Sunday. How should I RSVP? This will be my first introductory ride with the club and I’m really looking forward to it.

Tom

You just did!
@Henry will be leading the ride (if he recovers from his chest infection). The ride is great fun :smiley:

Great - really looking forward to it. See you on Sunday.

###ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 12 November

Departure: 8:30am (5 minute grace period)
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi — I’ll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind.

Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself and improve your fitness and bike skills in a safe and controlled environment.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

This is a ‘no drop’ ride, meaning we will wait for anyone who is struggling and work together as a team to reach our destination.

Prepare by:

• Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, oil your chain
  • Set correct saddle height and consider postion
  • Understand the distance
  • Take water and snacks during the ride
  • Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
  • Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
  • No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove D-Locks etc.
  • Have breakfast!

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
Henry

###Saturday ride 11th November

100-130km
Route: Either Great Dunmow, Chelmsford Loop or new route
Depart: 10am flexible
Avg target pace: 27-28kph
Coffee Stop: Yes
Drop: No