E20CC May 2019: Training, Club and Accessible rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: https://yonder.e20.org/t/want-to-join-e20-cycling-club/4212/37
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

Important notes for Club Rides:

Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

Hey All - Trying out using Facebook for the majority of our events/communications
Have a look at https://www.facebook.com/e20cc/ and drop me any feedback

Hi I’m interested in coming along this Sunday for the accessible ride - slightly anxious I might hold others back though

Hi @Trifictrudi

Great! Don’t worry we’re a lovely bunch and will make sure it’s no drop :slight_smile:.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the average speed listed above and riding on open roads in a group.

Hi @MdeBokx
Ok so going to plan to come on this tomorrow with Hubby. Where do you meet at 8.15am? Looking forward to seeing you all

Great!
We meet by Victory park, across the road from Sainsburies.

Thank you so much to you all for your patience and support on this mornings ride - I really enjoyed it and look forward to joining you again for the next accessible ride - need to practice those Hills!!!

See you next time :smile:!

Hey guys tomorrows accessible ride plan:

Date : 26.05.19
Ride Leaders : @MdeBokx
Avg. Pace : 21-23kph
Distance : Around 50km
Setting off : Usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in Victory Park at 08:30 - please arrive a bit before
Saddle time : 2- 3 hours
Drop? : No drop (nobody left behind) - but make sure you are comfortable with the pace and distance above.

This sunday we will be riding our to the high beach acorn hut like usual in Epping Forest. This is a no drop ride but please make sure you are comfortable riding a road bike, going at faster speeds downhill and are able to do some climbing.

The weather is looknig absolutely lush so make sure you dress appropriately (wear layers if you’re chilly in the morning but make sure they are easy to remove and pack away once you warm up). Make sure you have enough water as there are no water stops.

Remember to give your road bike a good check over - tyres pumped, breaks working etc. and to bring spare inner tubes and tools in case of a mechanical. Please don’t bring excess weight like rucksacks or locks as you do not need them. Helmets are required.

The acorn hut only takes cash so make sure you bring some if you want to buy snacks out there.

Let me know down below if you are planning on riding :smile:
See you tomorrow! Marinthe.

Shame I missed you guys this time round, was planning a ride with friends but they dropped out last minute after you’d set off otherwise I’d have joined!

Still, I attempted the same route as my first accessible ride and managed to shave a few minutes off on the hills so something seems to be working with my training!

Hopefully will join you on the next accessible.