E20CC February 2019: Training, Club and Accessible rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: https://yonder.e20.org/t/want-to-join-e20-cycling-club/4212/37
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

Important notes for Club Rides:

Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

Ride notice for 10/02/19

With the high winds and rain, most of us will probably be indoors on the turbo. Some brave few main go out for a ride, if so they will post on the Whatsapp group.

Cambridge to London
17/02/19
Distance: 91km
Elevation profile: Rolling
Intensity: Low
Meet: 8am opposite Sainsburys

With the slight lull in the freezing weather, some of us are riding from Cambridge to Stratford to start adding some kms into the legs. This will be a low intensity ride, so only prerequisite is you can handle the distance through proper fuelling and pacing.

Train times:
8.14am Stratford Int to St Pancras (Southeastern)
9.00am Kings Cross to Cambridge (Great Northern)

Recommend purchasing your tickets in advance.

There will be a slight headwind so a bit of a wind chill; wear appropriate clothing (long sleeves, leg warmers, wind breaker/gilet). Best to remove layers than wish you had some!

Mandatory tyre check: please, please check your tyres for any flinty bits (pry them out with the edge of a flat screwdriver and seal hole with super glue) and make sure tyres are pumped up to correct psi for your tyre and weight. Bring spares and repair kit.

Please note this is not the accessible/intro ride so up to date membership is required. Accessible/intro ride info may be posted later in the week.

Route GPX file: Cambridge_-_London.gpx (147.0 KB)

RSVP here or on the Whatsapp group if you plan on making it, and hopefully see you Sunday!

I’m in :smile:

Great ride guys. That was tough but we lucked out with the sun! Can’t wait for the next big E20cc ride :smile:

Hello, my partner and I are looking for a cycling club and would like to join an accessible ride. Do you have one this Sunday and are there spaces for us. Many thanks, Tamsin

Hey @tamsin, there should be an accessible ride going out this weekend, hopefully being led by @DavidC. You and your partner are more than welcome to join :slight_smile:

We usually go into Epping towards the acorn hut at High Beach, about 50km, so make sure you are both comfortable with the distance. The accessible rides are no drop so the group will stay together the entire ride.

Have a great ride!
Marinthe

Hi Guys, I joined the accessible ride in Jan and should be available to join this Sunday if you are running another? If so, I’ll see you there!

Thanks, Ali.

Accessible Ride to High beach with the option of hill loops.
Date : 24.02.19
Avg. Pace : 21-23kph
Distance : Around 50km
Setting off : Usual spot across from Sainsbury’s in Victory Park at 08:30 - please arrive a bit before
Saddle time : 2- 3 hours
Drop? : No drop (nobody left behind) - but make sure you are comfortable with the pace and distance above. The hill loops will be done at individual pace. The ride to Epping and back is no drop.

Hi everyone, this Sunday (24th) we will be riding out to the High Beach Acorn Hut in Epping Forest for our fortnightly accessible ride. Once there, those who want can do some hill loops around High Beech before we head back into town for around 11/11.30am. This is a NO DROP ride so we’ll all stay together for the ride out and back taking it at a casual speed but please make sure you are broadly comfortable with the distance and average pace above.

Remember to give your road bike a good check over in advance particularly if you haven’t been out on it for a while - tires pumped, breaks working etc - and to bring enough water and snacks to fuel your ride and a couple of spare inner tubes in case of punctures. Please don’t bring rucksacks, locks or unnecessary weight, though helmets are required. The Acorn tea hut sells snacks and drinks but only takes cash.

The weather looks great on Sunday :sunny::sunny::sunny: so if you haven’t joined us for a ride before, now’s the time!

For those who have done a few rides with E20CC before its time to sign up as proper members if you haven’t already - Want to join E20 Cycling Club? You even get one of our trendy new caps!

See you Sunday!
@tamsin @abrown12900

Hi, I’m hoping to come on the accessible ride (for the first time), but am not sure whether I can make it yet. Thanks, Jess

Hello!

I’d love to join you tomorrow, I’ve not cycled with you before. I’m a member of British Cycling. Is there still space to join you?

Thanks
Maggie

Definitely. The more the merrier. Have a read of the post above for all the details. Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Hi all, I’m hoping to join some of you for the accessible ride tomorrow.

Shakil

Hi guys, I’m hoping to come on the next accessible ride with you. Just wanted to check if my calculations are correct and it’s actually on the 10th of March :slight_smile: Cheers, Elina

That’s correct @Elina :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

Looking to come along on Sunday for the intro ride, just checking it’s okay to turn up? or should i sign up online?
Thanks!
Steve

Hi Steve, you’re more than welcome to just come and join us on the accessible ride :slight_smile:
We only require a sign up after two accessible rides.

Enjoy the ride!
Marinthe

Awesome, thanks!

Hey guys, apologies for the late notice on this. Winds are forecast to be 40mph + tomorrow morning so the accessible ride is called off for safety.

closed #21