E200CC March 2019: Training, Club and Accessible rides

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local road cyclists.

We welcome new cyclists to E20cc on our Accessible Rides, held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month unless otherwise advertised.
Rides on other weeks are closed to members only.

Membership information: https://yonder.e20.org/t/want-to-join-e20-cycling-club/4212/37
E20cc members group: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members
(Please request access to this thread once membership fee has been paid)
Historical monthly threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

Important notes for Accessible Rides:

• 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
  • Meet at 08.15 for ride briefing. 08.30 departure
  • RSVP compulsory - if you would like to attend an accessible ride, RSVP below to secure your place.
  • Av. speed 13mph (21kph) no one left behind
  • Helmet is required
  • Tyres pumped & bring spare tube etc
  • Have breakfast, take water bottle & snack
  • Travel light: Don’t bring a backpack, remove panniers and locks
  • For more information on E20cc and on joining as a member, please visit www.e20cc.org

Important notes for Club Rides:

Multiple Club Rides can go ahead on any given Sunday. Members should feel free to post a ride and route at a pace they would like to do, with others joining that ride if interested. There is less emphasis on ride leading on Club Rides as all riders are responsible for themselves and should be familiar with group rides.

Accessible ride for 10th March called off due to strong winds.

Any one riding this Sunday?

Bike is in the shop so I won’t, plus Im tapering a bit for Mallorca. Also, weather.

Hi all,

I have recently signed up to a bike ride to Paris with work although there’s a slight problem in that I haven’t ridden a bike for around 15 years and I have only just taken delivery of my new one. Would love to get out with some more experienced riders to show me the ropes so I was just wondering when the next accessible ride will be? (I’ll make sure I can actually remember how to ride before turning up!)

Thanks

Jonny

Hey @Jonnym!

Sounds like an awesome bike ride. Our next accessible ride is this weekend the 24th. Someone will post about it closer to the date but most likely @SeaAyeRobson will be leading it.

Make sure you’re comfortable riding on roads with traffic as the way out of London can get a bit congested in the mornings. Before the ride, the ride leader will explain important hand signals to remember but make sure you are also comfortable riding in a bunch as you will be riding behind or next to other cyclists :slight_smile:.

Hope you have a great ride! The weather looks fab.

Marinthe

Thanks Marinthe. I just received my bike (first road bike) and I probably should spend some time getting used to the gears and bike itself so I think it’s sensible I skip this week’s accessible ride. Next one however I would be extremely keen in following.

Out of interest how long are these rides typically and what time would we get back into E20?

Hey Jonny,

There’s a link here to the last one I lead https://www.strava.com/activities/2075546974 (you can ignore the parts riding to and from Greenwich where I now live) it’s something like 40km from Stratford to Epping and back - we’re usually back by lunch time, can be earlier.
I would suggest having a go around the outdoor track at Velodrome to get used to your bike in a ‘risk free’ environment, no traffic, lots of space for you and other riders, £5 for as long as you like.

Do let us know if you want to get involved next time - we’d love to get you along :+1:

That looks perfect for me, thanks! I would definitely love to come along. Do you post on this group the week before an accessible ride? If so I’ll keep an eye out.

And good idea with the velodrome road track, I was thinking of doing it yesterday but ran out of time. Will give it a go this weekend hopefully.

Cheers!

The accessible rides are 2nd & 4th Sunday’s of the month and can be found in this ‘channel’
Just jump in and tell us you’re interested and we’ll set it up

I’d like to get a ride in tomorrow if possible, I’ve been on one of the accessible rides and really enjoyed it.

Thanks
Mags

Hi All - Is anyone planning on riding tomorrow?
(@Mags I would hope a few of those not in Majorca would fancy a ride out!!)

Hi - thanks, I’ll be at the meeting place tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.

Hi, I’ve just started cycling and keen to join a nice, friendly club. Very interested in the accessible rides as a starter. Can you advise when the next introductory ride is please? Thanks Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Our next accesible ride will be on the 14th of April. Hope to see you there!

Marinthe