E20 Photography

Hi everyone, just a quick note to let you know that soon I’ll be starting a new series of Photowalks around E20 with @Echo — we have a bunch of news ideas, guests photographers and some exciting ‘hidden places’ and ‘access all areas’ locations for us to visit and photograph. Watch this space!

(Sony A7II edited in Lightroom)

(Sony A7II)

(Shot on iPhone)

(Shot on iPhone)

(Long exposure of 5 secs f11 - Sony A7II)

Echo Photowalk of E20

Please keep the date 9th July 2016 - Saturday 1PM // Soon we will be starting a new series of photowalks around East Village E20, the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the Hackney Wick area. Special hidden locations will be added to each photowalk and guests photographers will be joining us.

Watch this space for further updates and a link will be posted soon in how to book a FREE place via @Echo

@Echo Photowalk of ‪East Village E20‬ - for further details and how to book a place (limited spaces), please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/echo-photowalk-of-east-village-the-queen-elizabeth-olympic-park-and-beyond-tickets-25928540964

After a short break, Echo’s PhotoWalks (formally ShareEast) are back!

Explore the architecture and urban beauty of ‪#‎EastLondon‬ through a camera lens.

The first in the new series will tour East Village E20, the ‪#‎QueenElizabethOlympicPark‬ and a special hidden location, which will only be revealed to ticket holders closer to the time!

If that wasn’t enough, we’ll have a guest photographer (or two) along to share their photography tips and wisdom.

If you’re passionate about photography, our walk is a great chance to see the spaces around you from a new perspective.

Hosted by @frankdasilva

A friend of mine took this while flying into Heathrow tonight, not the best quality photo due to plane window but I really like the lighting.

Echo Photowalk - Hackney Wick & Fish Island
Sunday 6th November 2016

Meet: 11.00am / Start 11.15am / Finish 4pm
Meeting point: Hackney Wick Train Station, Wallis Road, E9 5LN

I am so excited about our next photowalk with @Echo - please see details below.

Grab your free tickets now before they’re gone - https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-of-hackney-wick-fish-island (limited spaces).

July saw the launch of our first Echo Photo Walk in a while. The sun shone as the group explored the architecture and landscape of East Village, the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the Olympic Velodrome, guided by Echo member and local resident Frank Da Silva.

Join us again, as we explore the architecture, street art and urban beauty of Hackney Wick & Fish Island through the lens of a camera.

Tour guide Simon Cole, from Hackney Tours will be leading us through the maze of graffiti laden streets, past old industrial factories and shining new developments. The area is fast changing and this is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the history and secrets that you wouldn’t discover alone, and makes this area of London like no other.

In line with tradition, we’ll also visit a special hidden location, which will only be revealed to ticket holders closer to the time!

If that wasn’t enough, we’ll have a guest photographer (or three!) along to share their photography tips and tricks.

If you want to improve your photography and learn new techniques this walk is made for you. It’s a great chance to absorb the culture of the area and see the spaces around you from a new perspective.

Your photography guide will be Echo member, East Village resident, and photography enthusiast @frankdasilva

Book your tickets here: https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-of-hackney-wick-fish-island

Upcoming ShareEast events - ShareEast Photowalk: My Place Your Place E20 Exhibition Special

Hi, I would love to join you guys on your photography walks and trips. Could you give me some more information on your meet ups and activities.

Hi @AminahTariq - our next Photowalk will be on Nov 6th - more details and how to book your FREE space is here: https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-of-hackney-wick-fish-island

Echo Photowalk - Hackney Wick & Fish Island
Meet: 11.00am / Start 11.15am / Finish 4pm
Meeting point: Hackney Wick Train Station, Wallis Road, E9 5LN

Thank you, I’ve just booked it :slight_smile:

Hello there my name is Ysr Mahmood and I have a passion for photography & would like to setup a photography group for people in E15 & E20 to bring the two different communities together. If you are interested and I can get enough people showing an interest then can take the next step with al the logistics. I want to make it crystal clear that this will be a FREE group.

I have put this on Streetlife.com as well and have had some interest

Hello @ysrmahmood please check our E20 Photography thread here as well: E20 Photography - there are a bunch of us that loves photography. I also run regular photowalks, next one will be on the 6th Nov - https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-of-hackney-wick-fish-island it is FREE and please join us.

I did have a look but could not see anything new, & was thinking about doing in & around the olympic park

Our photowalks is always around the Olympic Park, in the next instalment we will be covering the Hackney Wick + Fish Island areas. The photography group is a good idea. Please keep us posted about your ideas and I am sure people will join in. :slight_smile:

will do, the plan is to do it on a weekly basis

Manhattan Loft Gardens as a sundial.
If you ever wondered where MLG will be casting its shadow over East Village, check this photo.

Sun around mid-day late October.

Come on Frank stop teasing, where’s the 30 second timelapse sunrise to sunset?

Echo Photowalk - Saturday 28th January 2017
Meet 11.00am / Photo Workshop 11.30am / Photo Walk 12.30 / Food & Drink 3.30pm
Meeting point: Bootstrap Company, 18 Ashwin Street, London, E8 3DL

Limited spaces, place reserve your FREE spot here: https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-dalston

This time exploring East London’s Dalston, the @Echo Photo Walk is kicking off with an unmissable workshop by professional photographer Charles Gervais.

Echo Workshop - Single-light Portrait Photography (11.30am -12.30pm)

How does a 1-hour introduction to single-light, portrait photography sound?

Charles will cover the basics needed to set up, modify, and shoot with a powerful studio light on location. Then, we’ll take the same light out onto the streets to learn how to mix and balance artificial light with ambient light, for creative and practical effects.

This will be an entirely hands-on workshop. Ideally, you’ll have a camera that can be set to fully manual and a lens focal length from 10mm - 600mm. Although, if you don’t, no need to panic, there’ll be plenty chances to share kit with others - after all that’s what Echo Photo Walks are all about!

The Photo Walk (12.30pm - 3.30pm)

After the workshop, we’ll set off to roam the streets of Dalston led by tour guide Simon Cole of Hackney Tours and @frankdasilva who’ll be sharing an array of photography tips. The walk will last around 3 hours.

This is a rare opportunity to learn about the area’s history, melting pot of cultures, famous Ridley Road market and unearth some hidden gems along the way. As always, we’ll only reveal these to ticket holders on the day.

Your Photowalks going from strength to strength with @Echo — Hyped for this, especially special with Charles Gervais onboard, incredible image maker!

Thanks for sharing @frankdasilva

Thanks for the support @Lee it will be awesome if you can join us.

Hi everyone, we only have a few spots left, please reserve your FREE spot here: https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/echo-photo-walk-dalston

Hi Lizzie,
We are looking for a photographer. Can we contact you directly?

Just sent you a PM :slight_smile: