E20 Photography

Hi everyone, as I mentioned before on this thread, on the 18th April I’ll be doing a Photowalk around East Village and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. For more details and how to sign up — please read on or visit the @ShareEast website at http://shareeast.co.uk/e20-photowalk/ :

E20 Photowalk
Date: Saturday 18 April
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Meeting point: Victory Park, East Village E20 1DB
Cost: 2 Echoes
Booking: Limited spaces available — Please email: Yvonne.Kumi@shareeast.co.uk

Join us to explore the architecture and landscape of East Village and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park through a camera lens.

If you want to activate, develop or revive your passion for photography, a photowalk is a great opportunity to see the spaces around you from a new perspective.

Participants will meet in Victory Park and begin capturing the urban beauty of East Village, and then walk to the iconic Olympic Park to discover its panoramic vistas. The walk will last around 2 hours.

Your photowalk guide will be photography enthusiast and East Village resident Frank Da Silva@frankdasilva .

This event is open to all ShareEast members and will cost 2 Echoes. However spaces are limited.
To become a member, please register for free at www.shareeast.uk

What you’ll need for the photowalk
– Camera / phone
– Water
– Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable footwear.
– Please be safe and be aware of your surroundings at all times

For more information contact @yvonne_kumi on 07714 614 571 or email: Yvonne.Kumi@shareeast.co.uk

I’ll be providing further updates here. This Photowalk was organised via @ShareEast – please check them out! I’ll be looking forward to see you guys there!

Hope you have seen my post about the photography workshops - I’m new to Yonder so not sure how to get the message out to all you brilliant and enthusiastic East Village photographers:
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LIVING IN EAST VILLAGE? TELL YOUR STORY IN PICTURES…
Hi - Debbie here - there are still some places on my photography workshops starting after Easter on Wednesday 22nd April – I am a professional photographer working with a group of residents from East Village , using photography to tell the story of living here. we want to talk about home, neighbourhood and belonging - no experience needed just enthusiasm to tell your story - please get in touch if you are interested - I’d love to hear from you
debbiehumphry@btinternet.com - thanks!
SOOP-PHOTO-ONLY-A5-SINGLE-SIDED.pdf (675.9 KB)

Hope you have seen my post about the photography workshops - I’m new to Yonder so not sure how to get the message out to all you brilliant and enthusiastic East Village photographers:
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LIVING IN EAST VILLAGE? TELL YOUR STORY IN PICTURES…
Hi - Debbie here - there are still some places on my photography workshops starting after Easter on Wednesday 22nd April – I am a professional photographer working with a group of residents from East Village , using photography to tell the story of living here. we want to talk about home, neighbourhood and belonging - no experience needed just enthusiasm to tell your story - please get in touch if you are interested - I’d love to hear from you.
The workkshops are delivered with ShareEast.
debbiehumphry@btinternet.com - thanks!
SOOP-PHOTO-ONLY-A5-SINGLE-SIDED.pdf (675.9 KB)

Hi everyone — here some photos I took over the weekend… Spring is definitely here:

35 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[East Village, London] #spring time in #EastVillage @london #GetLivingLDN // #thisislondon…”
33 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[QEOP, London] #EastVillage Rising #daffodils #spring #QueenElizabethOlympicPark // #thisislondon…”
23 Likes, 5 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[QEOP, London] Amazing #colours  #daffodils #spring time // #QueenElizabethOlympicPark…”

went there too! Bit less sunshine when I went…

Hi @Oat44 - as always, great photos! I’ll be looking forward to see you at the E20 Photowalk event on the 18th April - Join us for the ShareEast Photowalk on Saturday 18 April, 1pm – 3pm - lets chat!

Yesterday I went for a night photowalk with TJ and here are some of the results:

107 Likes, 8 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[RUN] created by internationally-renowned artist Monica Bonvicini, is the largest standalone…”

[RUN] created by internationally-renowned artist Monica Bonvicini, is the largest standalone artwork on the #QueenElizabethOlympicPark and it is situated on the plaza of the #CopperBox // Bonvicini’s choice of the word #RUN is a reflection of cultural references such as popular music titles, including The Velvet Underground’s Run Run Run, Neil Young’s Running Dry and Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run // #swoosh #lighttrail #NightPhotography

77 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[QEOP, London] Great #NightPhotography #PhotoWalk with @tjuk around the #QueenElizabethOlympicPark…”
51 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Unite Stratford One] #thisislondon #StratfordCity #cityscape #urban #architecture // #FDAS…”
55 Likes, 4 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Unite Stratford One, London] #thisislondon #cityscape #NightPhotography // #FDAS #UrbanXplor //…”
48 Likes, 5 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Velodrome, London] #thisislondon #LeeValley #Velodrome #QueenElizabethOlympicPark //…”
53 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[QEOP, London] #thisislondon #QueenElizabethOlympicPark #cityscape #urban #architecture //…”
51 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[QEOP, London] More #NightPhotography at the #QueenElizabethOlympicPark @noordinarypark //…”

For more, please check my Instagram feed.

Places of interest near the Olympic Park:

39 Likes, 2 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[The Clock Mill] The Three Mills are former working mills on the River Lea in the East End of…”

[The Clock Mill]The Three Mills are former working mills on the River Lea in the East End of London, one of London’s oldest extant industrial centres. The largest and most powerful of the four remaining tidal mills is possibly the largest tidal mill in the world. It is mainly accessed by a bridge over the Limehouse Cut and River Lea.

Also near by The House Mill — a grade 1 listed 18th century tidal mill set in a beautiful riverside location in the heart of London’s East End. Originally built in 1776, on an existing pre-Domesday site.

Join us to explore the architecture and landscape of East Village and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park through a camera lens.

E20 Photowalk
Date: Saturday 18 April
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Meeting point: Victory Park, East Village E20 1DB
Booking: Limited spaces available. Please email: Yvonne.Kumi@shareeast.co.uk

More details here: http://shareeast.co.uk/e20-photowalk/

40 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[East Village, London E20] Here a #GoPro shot of #VestaHouse #GetLivingLDN // #thisislondon @london…”

Hello! i havent used the forum much and I’m not really used to it. I’m not a professional photographer but East Village really has some moments where one just wants to take a picture.

All those lucky people who get to live in high flats and get such amazing shots. thanks for sharing! they look amazing! all my shots are from the ground sadly.

just one picture for nw as i upload the others.

Thanks for sharing @swt — This must be an early morning sunrise from the position right?

yes it is. it was just so breathtaking. even if i was running late i had to stop and take a picture.

Thanks for sharing @swt - hope you can join us in the E20 Photowalk on the 18th April - details here: http://shareeast.co.uk/e20-photowalk/ :smile:

27 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[E20 PhotoWalk] Join our #E20PhotoWalk this Saturday 18th April // Meeting point: Victory Park,…”

#‎E20PhotoWalk‬ this Saturday 18th April — Explore the architecture and landscape of East Village London E20 and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park through a camera lens. If you want to activate, develop or revive your passion for photography, a photowalk is a great opportunity to see the spaces around you from a new perspective.

Meeting point: Victory Park, East Village E20 1DB - Nearest Station: Stratford International on the DLR or a short walk from the main Stratford Tube - easy access via Westfield Stratford City.

This event is open to all @ShareEast embers and it’s absolutely FREE. However spaces are limited, to book email: Yvonne.Kumi@shareeast.co.uk | To become a member, please register for free at http://shareeast.ukMore info: http://shareeast.co.uk/e20-photowalk/

Photos taken during the @ShareEast Photowalk - April edition:

31 Likes, 7 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[E20 PhotoWalk] Great photo by @eject // Thank you so much to everyone that came along to our very…”
48 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[The London Aquatics Centre] is an indoor facility with two 50-metre (160-foot) swimming pools and…”
45 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[The London Aquatics Centre] is an indoor facility with two 50-metre (160-foot) swimming pools and…”
34 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Share East PhotoWalk] I am so pleased to see everyone enjoying the #ShareEastPhotoWalkApril and…”
25 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Share East PhotoWalk] #Instagrammers #igers // #ShareEastPhotoWalk // What an enjoyable afternoon…”
40 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Share East PhotoWalk] #thisislondon @london #EastVillage #E20 #GetLivingLDN #urban #architecture…”

Wow looks really fun - and great pictures!!! We have ONE PLACE left on our photo workshops due to start TOMORROW Wednesday 22nd April at 6.30pm at the Community room, ground floor of the health centre… would any of you like to join?? It would be great to have you…

The idea is to improve your photography skills whilst telling the story of living in East Village. Wednesday evenings from April 22nd to June 3rd. No experience or equipment needed, just your enthusiasm to be part of a supportive group and tell your East Village story through photographs and sound. Please contact
me for more details – debbiehumphry@btinternet.com or 07831 811490. The workshops are delivered with ShareEast and paid for in Echoes (not money!).

Here are some pics I have been taking around East Village as part of a SOOP youth video project!

Hi guys - here some of my latest photos showing the Vesta House’s atrium:

61 Likes, 8 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[East Village, London E20] #GetLivingLDN #VestaHouse #LookingUp // #EastVillage #ExplorE20 //…”
51 Likes, 4 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[East Village, London E20] #GetLivingLDN #VestaHouse #EastVillage #ExplorE20 // #urban…”
35 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Vesta House, East Village E20] More #VestaHouse awesome #architecture // #thisislondon…”

More on my Instagram feed.

Hi guys, here some updates and more East Village and QEOP photos from my Instagram feed:

63 Likes, 10 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[East Village E20] #thisislondon @london #EastVillage and the #CityofLondon in the background //…”
57 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[River Lea - QEOP, London E20] #thisislondon #StratfordCity #QueenElizabethOlympicPark by night //…”
48 Likes, 1 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park] The #QueenElizabethOlympicPark by night // #thisislondon @london…”

I also just started a brand new Flickr page — where I posted more full resolution photos of East Village E20 and QEOP: https://www.flickr.com/photos/frankdasilva/ :slight_smile: Looking forward to see more of your photos here!

Please check out the E20 Org Flickr Group as well - https://www.flickr.com/groups/e20/

——

Share East PhotoWalk Update:
Our next PhotoWalk will be on Saturday 23 May and it will cover East Village Architecture.

The meeting point is in Victory Park at 12.45pm, and your guide will be @ShareEast member and East Village resident @frankdasilva . The walk will last around 2 hours. We are delighted to be accompanied by Mike O’Dwyer, professional architectural photographer for ‘It Takes A Dream To Create A Village’. Mike will be sharing memories of his 4 year journey within the Athletes Village documenting the construction and transition into East Village pre-2012. He will also be offering a few tips and tricks for architectural photography.

This is a @ShareEast member’s event. You’ll need to join the network to attend by registering for FREE at http://shareeast.co.uk/shareeast-photowalk-may/

To book your place, or if you need more information, please email: Yvonne.Kumi@shareeast.co.uk - @yvonne_kumi

27 Likes, 3 Comments - Frank Da Silva (@frankdasilva) on Instagram: “[It Takes a Dream to Create a Village] Hi everyone, I
Mike O’Dwyer - Architectural Photographer | ‘It Takes A Dream To Create A Village’ (published by Lend Lease)

Awe-inspiring shots @frankdasilva
We are looking forward to the next Photowalk event on the 23rd with Mike O’Dwyer
Please follow us on Instagram here: https://instagram.com/shareeast
Team ShareEast x

Hi all, you may be aware there is a Photography workshop taking place in East Village, well our group has an Instagram account called MYPLACEYOURPLACEE20 we are selecting the best photos to show what people think of E20. if you use Instagram and like taking pics of East Village or around E20 then Hashtag your pics #myplaceyourplacee20 and you may see your pic on our page :slight_smile:

https://yonder.e20.org/t/improve-your-photography-skills-whilst-telling-the-story-of-living-in-east-village/1598?source_topic_id=1255