E20 Football Academy - Ages 6-16. Every Sunday morning 10 till noon

E20 FOOTBALL ACADEMY
EVERY SUNDAY
EAST VILLAGE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 6—16

Join our free football development sessions every week at Chobham Academy sports pitches in East Village. It’s with genuine regret that currently we can only accept young people from East Village, E20.

SUNDAYS
10AM. 6—11 YEARS
11AM. 12—16 YEARS

JOIN
WWW.E20.ORG - Dedicated website coming 2015.

CONTACT
Email: E20FA@E20.ORG
Yonder: @E20_Football_Academy
Jonathan Silman - @Jonathan_Silman
Lee Murrell - @Lee

E20 Football Academy in proud partnership with
Triathlon Homes, Get Living London and West Ham United FC

Football in the East Village Courtyards - E20 Football Academy
Football in the East Village Courtyards - E20 Football Academy

Just a reminder that football for children is back on from 10am-midday every Sunday.

See above for details — thank you

Hi all, Football sessions today. If your son or daughter is aged between 6—16 and lives in East Village, then come along!

Training again this Sunday. Weather looks like it will be very cold so we will possibly be using the sports hall at Chobham Academy. Look forward to seeing you all.

Hi, would you consider starting a session for children under 6? Our son (4 yo) would be keen to take part.

Hi @Henriette — Apologies for the slow reply on this, the entry age for the football coaching sessions is really 6 (or thereabouts) — However feel free to come along between 10-11am next Sunday morning to have a chat and let him kick the ball around. If the weather is very cold it will be held indoors within the Chobham Academy Sports Centre.

I have tagged here: @Jonathan_Silman Head Coach and Founder of @E20_Football_Academy — I’m sure he will echo my suggestion.

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday!

All best
@Lee

Great turnout today. 35 under 12’s showcasing talent during football development drills.
36 over 12’s played a group stage tournament.
Well done for all who took part. See you next week. Some great prizes to be won next week.

Is it only for East Village residents? Or also surrounding area? Thanks

Hi Bibi.

Currently the sessions are only for East Village residents. We had over 100 players attend on Sunday as these sessions tend to be very popular. I can imagine the numbers if I was to open the sessions up to any 6-16 year old.
Having said that, we are looking to potentially work with West Ham United for another day in the week for surrounding areas.

I will keep you informed.

Jonathan

Hi all,

We had a great turnout on Sunday - 108 in total. Football kit should be coming soon along with a few friendly matches lined up for all age groups. We have a new website on the way and we hope to encourage even more young people from East VIllage to the E20 Football Academy.

Here is some raw video footage taken last Sunday with the 11—16 year olds. (11am — Noon)

Many thanks
Jonathan

Hi all

Just a short reminder that training is still on tomorrow, through the half term and every Sunday.

Happy Easter!

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, any chance of a Saturday club for those unable to make it on a Sunday? Thanks Suze

Hi Suzence

Many thanks for your comment. There are plans to offer a summer camp session that will run throughout the week and may include Saturday’s.

As the football academy continues to grow I feel it will be inevitable that there will be Saturday matches once we enter age groups into leagues.

I hope I have answered your question.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan thanks for the prompt reply and yes that answers my question. Many thanks, Suze

Hi Jonathan, the Sunday sessions are they drop in or do I need to register? Many thanks

They are drop in after you register once. I will provide you with the form on Sunday. Look forward to seeing you both. Jonathan

E20 Community Cup Report

On Sunday June 7th many teams associated with East Village entered in the E20 Community Football Tournament staged at Chobham Academy sports pitches.

With 2 groups competing to book their places in the semi finals, all teams started off full of energy on a lovely summers day.

The early results in group A saw the E20 residents (captained by Lee Murrell) and Newham College (captained by James Lodge) win both the first 2 games against East Village Management (captained by Larry Baptiste) and Get Living London (captained by Oliver Redgill). This left a deciding group winners and runners up match in which Newham College were victorious, booking their semi final top spot.

In group B there was very much a different story with all teams being matched well with each other. The E20 Football Academy Coaches (captained by Nicky Williamson) won their 3 matches but the battle was for 2nd place which finally went to E20 Football Academy team 1 (Captained by Shara) over the Community Police (Captained by James Gaskin) and E20 FA team 2 (captained by Aaron Baddeley).

Both semi-finals were difficult for all sides as legs were starting to stiffen and the heat was ever increasing. E20 residents narrowly lost their place in the final to the E20 coaches team whilst Newham College beat the E20 FA team 1 in a close fought contest.

The final was a close game with both teams showing good ability on the ball and some excellent movement. With 5 minutes remaining and just a couple of chances for both teams, Newham College caught E20 FA coaches on the break to score the only goal of the game and win the tournament.

Well done to all that was involved and congratulations to Newham College staff for securing victory.

Jonathan Silman
(Event Organiser)

Hi coach, its me Mohammad. Do you know when we have matches?

There is a game organised for next week with your age group.

Hi I would like to join the football club I am 12 years old, how much will it cost and when does it start and finish