Clarnico Quay research and design study

Hello,

Back in March we started a research and design study for a temporary use project on a site called Clarnico Quay next to the Copper Box and Mossbourne Riverside Academy in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

Make Shift transforms empty spaces and buildings into new communal spaces that offer opportunities to small businesses and local people. We started with Pop Brixton in 2014 and are opening Peckham Levels this December. Clarnico Quay, if it goes ahead, would open in December 2018.

Our research is for developing proposals for a site that could offer workspace and also for exploring how the site could function as a public space. After a few months of delay, we’ve developed an updated design that we hope can achieve the uses that emerged from our research so far – including a mix of creative workspaces, units for food, drink and events businesses, community spaces, horticultural space and shared public facilities as a temporary project ahead of permanent development.

Over the last few weeks we’ve been continuing with the research and gathering feedback. If you’re interested in learning more about the project and having a look at what we’ve been up to, we would love to speak to you.

Myself and my colleague Rose will be at Hub67 (67 Rothbury Rd E9 5HA) on Wednesday 8th of November 5PM - 7PM if you want to drop in at any time to see us. Let me know if you’re coming via the email address below, so I know how much tea and cake to get! Feel free to pass on this information to any friends, family or colleagues who you think might be interested.

If you’re keen to find out more but you’re not free on Wednesday, we can come and visit you another time, have a chat on the phone or send more information to you via email. Just let me know, and we’ll arrange a time that suits you. For more information about the study and the timeline you can have a look at our FAQs on our website or scroll to the bottom of the website to join our mailing list.

Cheers,

Gwenno
gwenno@makeshift.org