Chobham Manor, E20 | Taylor Wimpey & L&Q

Hi @martina_klancisar thanks for your message. The working hours at our Chobham Manor development are Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm and Saturdays from 8am to 1pm. We may need to work outside of these hours from time to time, in which case we will need to apply for special permission from Newham Council so they are aware of the works taking place. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the clarification @ChobhamManor

In which case can you explain the continued Sunday working?

Thank you

@ChobhamManor, I do understand the need to work outside set hours, but I also do believe the developer is required to inform the residents, not just the council. Has any information been sent out?

Hi, we would like to confirm that Newham Council has granted permission for us to carry out work at Chobham Manor at the weekend, as per the following conditions:

1.   Works must only be carried out between the hours of 8am and 6pm on Saturdays, and 8am and   5pm on Sundays.

2.   Works undertaken must be internal with doors and windows closed, unless the works are inaudible (e.g. painting). This condition does not apply between the hours of 8am and 1pm on Saturdays. 

3.   Best practicable means shall be used to minimise noise.

We hope you find this update useful and would like to thank local residents in advance for their co-operation.

Seems to have sprung out of nowhere!

Some potential late working on the 10th November 2015

Mobile Garden City Festive Celebration

Wednesday 9th December 4pm to 7pm

First residents moved in! (end of the street, The Walbrook)

Can’t believe anyone is living in there already!

The ones with the pointed roofs on the left (The Thames) are supposed to be ready before year end!

16th December 2015

Chobham Manor – Development Phase 2 Block 2-A

On Monday 4th January 2016 we will be commencing work on Phase 2 of Chobham Manor LLP. The initial works will involve engineers preparing for the commencement of piling on Monday 11th January.

Initially we are starting work on Block 2-A which runs parallel to Honour Lee Avenue. We have taken into consideration data received from previous piling works and have now implemented a different way of working to reduce the level of noise produced. This will include using shorter piles to speed up the process and using a piling pattern that moves away from the hoarding line. We will then be moving on to pile the area designated 2-B.

We will only be piling Monday to Friday within the set hours agreed (8am to 6pm with start-up and shut-down periods of 30 minutes). There will be two piling rigs on site to speed up the process to reduce any disturbance caused. We are planning for the work to take place over a period of 8-10 weeks, and if there are any changes to this we will inform you as soon as possible.

Whilst work is taking place there will be site managers on site monitoring the noise and air quality sensors to ensure we do not exceed the set limits. At all times we will be aware of our neighbours and try to work in a way that causes as little disruption as possible.

If you have any questions then please contact:

• Matthew Aylen (Site Administration Manager) – 020 8555 1937, matthew.aylen@taylorwimpey.com
• Jim Luxford (Project Manager) – jim.luxford@taylorwimpey.com
• 24/7 Park hotline – 0800 0722 110

Hi @ChobhamManor
Can I check whether you are responsible for the street lights on Olympic Park Avenue that are behind your hoarding?

Eight are not working making the street very dark on the way down to the velodrome

As they are on your site, thought I would check with you first before going to Newham

Thanks
Jools

Hi @ChobhamManor
Just checking you’ve seen this

Hi Jools,

Thank you for your message.

I have been informed that the street lights are now working on Olympic Park Avenue. If there is anything else I can help with, please do let me know.

Kind Regards,

Bethany.

Not surprising really, but bad news for those wanting to buy in the area.

10/02/2016
Stratford outperforms the rest of London

First shared-ownership homes launch at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford

A post was merged into an existing topic: ‘Olympicopolis’ Education & Cultural District in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park