Broadband options

Hi there,

I am looking to change Broadband provider. Is anyone with Sky? I know there was some restriction when we first moved in a year ago when we could only opt for either BT or Hyperoptic.

I was wondering if anyone had managed to set up an account with a different provider?

We moved in in early March, we’re with BT and very happy with it.

You can use any broadband provider, such as Sky, but they will only provide standard (~10 Mbps) speed broadband. If you want high speed fibre broadband the only choices are Hyperoptic or BT.
This may change in the future if and when other providers start offering fibre-to-the-premise services over Openreach’s network, but the only other company I’m aware of that’s trialing it is Plusnet (also part of BT).

The standard ~10 Mbps broadband from Hyperoptic is free for Get Living London residents as part of their lease so I suspect most are with them. You can get higher speeds but that’s when you start paying.

We’ve been very happy with Hyperoptic and I can’t imagine ever switching elsewhere.

Broadband options for Chobham Manor

Seethelight has been mentioned previously but I don’t think I need speeds that fast. East Village is currently on 20Mb/s and I think thats amply fast for what I use it for.

IFNL letter April 2017.pdf (1.0 MB)

Edit 19/05/2017: Seems like some of the prices are already out of date. The cheapest is £24.50/month

We’ve gone with purebroadband.net/ftth as we wanted a broadband only (no phone line) package and for some reason half the providers still have phone line and broadband packages when no phone line is required for fibre. Just didn’t like it on principle and the fact that I can’t remember when I last had a landline. Have not used one in the three years living at East Village.

Because they’re the cheapest I’m worried about how good the support is but hopefully it’ll get connected and never have to call up about anything. Hyperoptic is very good and would have gone with them at the new place but they’re not a part of the IFNL.

Purebroadband 30Mbps package £24.50 with free installation if you buy their router.