ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 27th August
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)
Please watch this short video from British Cycling on group riding
More links here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0
Hi — I'll be offering a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders, no-one left behind. Any MTB, single speed or hybrid users should be regular fitter than average to keep up with the inclusive pace of around 15mph (24kph)
Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself and wanting to improve fitness, so please be aware this is not aimed at being a leisure ride.
We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leaders will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.
This is a 'no drop' ride, however please respect the basics to avoid holding up the group.
- Pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure 90-100psi on road tyre, lube transmission etc.
- Set correct saddle height and consider postion
- Understand the distance
- Take water and snacks during the ride
- Carrying spare inner tube, levers etc.
- Cash for getting home if you have serious mechanical issues
- No need for rucksacks or luggage, remove bracket D-Locks etc.
- Please don't skip breakfast unless you are in control of fat burning tricks with strong coffee.
Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.