MID PACE RIDE TO CAMBRIDGE 20/08
Meeting place: Victory Park, opposite Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 16-17 mph (25-26 kph)
Distance: 60miles (100km)
I'll be leading a mid pace ride to Cambridge on Sunday for those who are up for it. We'll set off with the Accessible Ride from Stratford up to High Beach before covering the 100k (60 miles) to Cambridge. We can then catch the train back to London (or those who feel up for it can cycle back!). We can take a recovery stop en route but we'll aim to stop properly once we reach Cambridge, either at the Espresso Bar or if the weather is really good, at The Orchard in Grantchester.
Please remember to:
- Eat breakfast
- Check your tyre pressures
- Be at the start point (opposite Sainsbury's) around 08:20.
- Bring water and fuel (bars, gels)
- Bring a spare tube, pump and levers/tools.
- Bring money for coffee in Cambridge and train back
- Have a way to get home in case of a serious mechanical (cash/card).
Anyone joining will need to be comfortable with the distance and pace, fuelling on a longer rides and be prepared to take turns on the front.
Link to the route is below, but it is reversed. So if you plan on loading it up on your Garmin for Sunday, be sure to reverse it back. I have attached the correct and reversed GPX file ready to go.
Please reply to this thread if you plan on joining
Cambridge_to_Stratford.gpx (145.4 KB)