April 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

Yeah, on the following route (https://www.strava.com/activities/954640509) click the spanner on the left then select create route. Once created you can export it as GPX and then upload to your garmin etc.

Cheers

Thanks for leading the ride today @DavidC - great fun and practising hills is just what I needed.

Hi folks - anyone at the velopark tomorrow night or thursday night?

Adam

Away till the 6th

I am also away, til the 3rd.

Ah, no worries!

I’ll be there tomorrow night from around 6 or so if anyone happens to be about. Bright red Cannondale.

Any rides planned for this Sunday?

I’ll be doing a very casual ride to High Beach starting usual time on Sunday, we’ll either ride with the accessible ride or just on our own. Happy for anyone else to join us but not making any commitments or guesses on pace at all as my girlfriend is pretty much totally new to road cycling and hasn’t done the route before. It’ll be fairly direct, we may do the Chingford loop when we get to it but definitely not doing any of the tougher hills around Epping Forest.

@ToddYatesUK - thanks for taking a ride here for Sunday, can you add notes to the wiki post at the top.

EDIT: @ToddYatesUK & all - I’m happy to lead the accessible ride tomorrow to support a couple of new riders.

Hi accessible rider guys, I’ll see you tomorrow!

Hi, I’d very much like to join tomorrow. I’m new to riding too, and currently don’t have a road bike, only a hybrid. Would it be okay for me to turn up at 8.15am?
Thanks, Roseann.

Hello @rkealy (Roseanne) and @Aoibhinn — Look forward to seeing you tomorrow for the accessible ride.

ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 30th APRIL

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 12-15mph (depending on ability tomorrow)
Distance: 25m

Hi All

I’ll be leading a 25mile (40km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders and has the strict policy of no-one left behind. However MTB, single speed or hybrid users should be regular fitter than average to keep up with the inclusive pace of around 12-15mph

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 12-15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leader will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

All riders are encouraged to read this post on group riding before joining: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

In addition, as this is a ‘no drop’ ride, to avoid disapointment please prepare by:

• having breakfast
  • pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure
  • understanding the distance
  • taking on water or snacks during the ride
  • carrying spare inner tube etc.
  • getting home if you need to leave the ride

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
@Lee

Great, thanks. See you then.

Best wishes,

Roseann.

Hi Lee - Great thanks for organising. See you tomorrow :raised_hands:

Lee, sounds good, we’ll at least start off riding with you and see how it goes :slight_smile: .

Yeah, planning to come tomorrow for as much of the accessible ride as I can manage. \o/

Sarah

It’s a super gentle one tomorrow Todd, no worries @SarahSharp all inclusive

(hoping to give a little back to others after last week when the mid-pace guys lent me wheels to sit on - thanks again, you know who you are!)

Hi to @Bethany_Thompson also, look forward to seeing you back

Enjoy the ride tomorrow, I won’t be with you as I’ll be helping to look after a beautiful 4 day old baby girl!!

Congratulations mate! Hope all doing well X

Hi @Lee, not sure if it’s just me but the link to read doesn’t seem to work.