Ride Policy:

See previous post on similar fast ride.

• Breakfast
  • Maps download
  • Spare parts (pumps / co2 and tubes)
  • Food and drinks
  • Having ridden a similar ride before

Riders: @Jonathan_Calderon, @aahj, @Pastor-Kawesi and myself

Let us know if you are planning to join and text on the WhatsApp reflector if late.

Cheers,
/Guido

Thank you Guido, didnt get a chance…

Her Majesty is more than welcome :slight_smile:

With any luck I’ll be there!

ACCESSIBLE RIDE - SUNDAY 23rd APRIL*

Departure: 8:30am
Meeting place: Victory Park opposite of Sainsburys
Target Avg. Speed: 15mph (24kph)
Distance: 25-30m (40-50k)

Hi All

I’ll be offering* a 25-30mile (40-50km) ride to the Acorn Hut at High Beech, Epping Forest and back. This ride is aimed at road bike riders and has the strict policy of no-one left behind. However MTB, single speed or hybrid users should be regular fitter than average to keep up with the albeit inclusive pace of around 15mph (24kph)

Whilst this ride is accessible, the aim is to push yourself. It’s all about ‘you’ wanting to improve ‘your’ fitness or simply getting back on your bike after winter or recovery from injury. Maybe you have subscribed to Ride London or a charity event, now is the time to get on the bike as Spring is here and you haven’t got any excuses not to ride. We will aim to take in some some hills towards High Beech after taking in some of the forest lanes, with a refreshment stop about half way.

We will aim for an AVERAGE across the ride of 15mph (24kph) - this is flexible based on the ability on the ride itself, ride leader will look out anyone struggling with pace and adjust accordingly.

All riders are encouraged to read this post on group riding before joining: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/article/izn20121221-group-ride-0

In addition, as this is a ‘no drop’ ride, to avoid disapointment please prepare by:

• having breakfast
  • pumping your tyres to appropriate pressure
  • understanding the distance
  • taking on water or snacks during the ride
  • carrying spare inner tube etc.
  • getting home if you need to leave the ride

Please let me know here in advance by replying on this topic if you plan to join.

Thanks
@Lee

Regular riders kindly note: I would prefer to join the Mid-Pace ride if no-one arrives for an accessible ride, so any confident regular riders would be expected to make their own way to High Beech or step up for Jools’ Mid-Pace ride. Thanks in advance.

@jools What sort of time do you think we’ll be back in E20 on the mid pace ride? I’m keen to join but also have plans early afternoon.

Maybe 1ish if we work together well as a group and keep pace up, but coffee stop is a bit of woolly time, and if the group splits that adds time as well. So, bit hard to say I’m afraid!

@jools et all attending the ride tomorrow, mind the temperature.

Today we kind of underestimate the weather conditions to the point that we cut the ride short of about 30km. The silver lining is that we found a new 70km road that has a coffee stop in the middle.

About tomorrow: wear proper clothing (harm and leg warmers, shoe-covers) or the ride will be hell.

Ok, that’s good to know. Probably a bit late for me then. I have a selfish friend running the marathon and raising loads of money for charity so I said I’d cheer him on which means I can’t make the ride.

Have a good one.

@Lee I’ll be up for your ride but think @jools ride is a bit quick for me. I’ve also got a mate joining so we can do our own thing if not enough people turn up.

@jools I will hopefully make it out tomorrow morning

@Ross_T Thanks for letting me know, I look forward to riding with you and your friend

Hi @lee I didn’t think I’d make it out this morning but should do now. I’m happy to lead the accessible ride if you want to join Jools’ longer one?

Pleasure riding with everyone today especially @jools the GPS train!

Thank you @DavidC - very kind of you this morning, hope it went well.

Sincere apologies to @jools, @Henry, @Ian_Clark, @Shaun, @edward — No excuses, I allowed my frustration to ruin the ride.

No apologies needed mate, happens to all of us. Glad you got back safely.

Great ride this morning all, first 100k+ of the year. Great route @jools. No apologies necessary @Lee, great perseverance. Hope the knee heels up!

@Lee no apologies needed, top ride with a quality group. Thanks for all the wheels I borrowed along the way.

Anybody got a strava or similar download they can post on here if the ride.

Shaun - if you find the e20cc strava group and join (search clubs) you should be able to convert rides to routes (I think)