Good Friday 4 Good Ride - UPDATE
Please stay tuned for the Good Friday Ride. The idea is to have an endurance ride of 176km to Cambridge from which those who don't feel like riding back can take the train.
Route (thanks to @Pastor-Kawesi)
The target avg speed will be in the 26-28kmh range with a recovery break half way.
Departure time 8:30am from the usual place.
1. Unless you are Jens Voigt you must have a good fulfilling breakfast , if you are Jens Voigt then make sure you feed gels to your bike.
2. Bring spare tubes and a pump or Co2 (no spare parts no ride)
3. Bring some money and a cell phone (not much for Strava but for safety)
4. Bring water (suggesting mixed electrolyte), it is getting warmer, it means you will sweat more and would need to brings salts back into your body, the results are cramps a bad ride for everyone.
5. Bring food, gels, chocolate cookies (if your name is David or if you like them), protein bar, chicken sandwich, soup ...whatever you like. You must eat during the ride. If you drink and eat only when you feel the need for it then it is already too late as your body is already going into reserve.
6. Make sure you are confident with the target pace and distance. This means that you have ridden a similar ride profile before.
7. Make sure that your bike is in good conditions; mechanicals problems can always happen, but starting off with a not fully functional bike increases the chances of having issues during the way.
8. Last but not least download the map onto your Garmin and charge your device the day before the ride, again the main purpose is to be safe.
9. @Jonathan_Calderon may have additional suggestions
Please reply to this thread if you'd like to join and please indicate whether you are in for the entire ride or just the mighty half.