April 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

New thread for April 2017

E20 Cycle Club is an inclusive group for local cyclists. See the dates below for dates and times. Join the conversation, you can also read other older threads here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20-cycle-club

We also have a closed group here: https://yonder.e20.org/c/sport-fitness/e20cc-members < Simply ask to request access

Our regular Sunday morning ride is aimed at meeting people to train with, generally around 25 miles with nobody left behind. Please introduce yourself below if you are planning on coming along. Make sure your tyres are pumped and riders should carry a spare tube. Helmet is recommended, although not compulsory.

Note: Ad-hoc on and off-road rides consist of evenings, weekends and longer training sessions — keep an eye on the thread and join the conversation.

Road Rides
Sun 2nd 8.30am | Ride leaders: TBA

Sun 9th 8.30am | Ride leaders: TBA

Fri 14th 8.30am | Good Friday Ride to Cambridge ,Ride leaders: Pastor, Johnatan and QG

Sun 16th 8.30am | Ride leaders: @jools (accessible ride-Epping Forest)

Sun 23rd 8.30am | Ride leaders:
Accessible Ride @Lee
Mid-pace long ride @jools

Sun 30th 8.30am | Ride leaders:
Accessible Ride @Lee / @ToddYatesUK

Meeting point for all rides:
Sundays: Victory Park - opposite Sainsburys from 8.30am depart.
50 Celebration Avenue, East Village, E20 1DB — https://stores.sainsburys.co.uk/4534/stratford-east-village-local

Update and important note regarding planning:

If you plan to ride with E20cc on any given Sunday. We urge you to let the ride leader know you are coming, by simply leaving a message here on the current monthly topic.

As the weather gets better we need to create a rota for ride leaders and different ability groups, unless we know you are coming we cannot plan ahead.

In addition we may have to cap numbers on groups and your communication helps planning and in turn more appropriate leading of the rides.

Thank you

Other local groups and clubs in and around East London.
NEWHAM www.newhamcyclists.org.uk - more info: @stevoline ride co-ordinator.
WALTHAM FOREST www.wfcycling.wordpress.com
TOWER HAMLETS www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk
HACKNEY CC www.hackney.cc
LEA VALLEY CC www.leavalleycc.co.uk
EAST LONDON VELO www.eastlondonvelo.cc

Want to learn to ride a bike?
Cycle Confident have one primary aim, to empower as many people as possible to take to the roads on their bicycles. They work with Individuals, Businesses, Local Authorities and Activity Groups giving them the tools and training to cycle safely, and with confidence, on and off the road. More info — www.cycleconfident.com

March 2017 - Cycle Club Training + Leisure Rides

Hi, are there any accessible rides planned this weekend?

I am also interested for this weekend

Hi All
I plan to lead another hill repeats session on Sunday

For those who have been following, it won’t be a surprise that I’ll be aiming for six Lippets/Mott St loops. You can do more or less according to your fitness as it’s a loop route

Will head out with accessible group at 8.30. Let me know if you’re interested. Think of the fitness gains!
Cheers
Jools

I’m in, see you there!

Hi all,
I am planning an easy-ish ride tomorrow morning leaving at 9am about 60-70km.

This is the route:

Please let me know if interested

Easy-ish you say? I might be interested with the caveat that if I can’t keep up then it’s OK to leave me behind. Sound ok?

Let’s try no to leave people behind

Hi folks! I’ll be leading the accessible/social ride this Sunday 2nd April. It’ll be a gentle ride up to High Beach near Epping with a hill loop before heading back to the East Village. Around 25 miles total at 14-16 mph with no one left behind. Water essential, food recommended. Bike lock/backpack not necessary. For those wanting to do some extra hill loops see Jools’ post above.

Hey @Theqg_QG wont be making it this morning. Have a good one.

Thanks for letting me know

Hey guys. Finally I’m able to join Sunday ride (no work or not away) see u in morning

Long Ride tomorrow

I am planning a 100km ride tomorrow there are 2 possibilities for the route:

1. The H route
  1. The D route
    https://www.strava.com/activities/856028112/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1486333111

Avg speed +28km/h

Whatever your riding plans are remember to:

1. Have Breakfast !
  2. Bring water / drinks
  3. Bring food and gels
  4. Bring spare parts, at least you should have an inner tube and a pump or enough co2
  5. Download the route on your garmin

I’ll be there tomorrow.

Hopefully GLL won’t not play tricks with my locker again …

Pleasure riding with everyone today. Hope all the groups had a good time and got back safely. @jools you’ll wear out the tarmac on Lippits if you put any more loops in!

Nice to have twelve riders out on three rides this morning. I braved to E20CC kit and the sun didn’t let me down

@Lee / @PaveVelo - I was significantly faster on the hill loops this morning so won’t be asking for a refund on the new wheels.
Jools

@Dawid_Owl did you get back with @Henry?

@PatrickG said you had a problem with bike or leg?

Hope David is ok. Thanks for the workout Jools, it was quite demanding near the end but good.

@jools @Henry et all, I hope you had a great ride. We met our goals although we had a minor crash. Nothing serious the rider (Pastor aka Speedmachine) and his bike are both fine.

Have a great Sunday